Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Which 445nm?.....Lazerer or Survival?

Hello,

Looking for a 445nm laser and am not sure which laser would be the best one available......the choices are Lazerers Rifle 1.2w or Survival lasers 1.4w.

Is the survival lasers the same as all the other chinese lasers out there? I know the Lazerer has a fairly good reputation with the certificate and all.

thanks in advance for all input!!

winfarms

Welcome to LPF!

Two questions first off: Is this your first high powered laser? And do you have appropriate goggles?

Personally I would pick survival lasers if the two were my only options, lazerer recently sent me two buggy lasers, when they started, yes their quality was great, I'm not so positive anymore. The only issue I have with survival lasers is the pricing, it's a bit high. Otherwise I hear their quality is amazing. Though, one of the members here may build you a good quality one that is of that power for less $$.

Survival lasers is a great option for a first 445 laser. Just make sure to get the glasses as well. The eagle pair are very good option.

Drew

Survival is U.S., not chinese. They usually have a 1.2w kit for ~$150 for lpf members if I remember right (easy assembly required). Both are good choices. BUY SAFETY GLASSES EITHER WAY, both places sell them. >1W is a lot of power. If something breaks/ fails on the survival style (c6), replacement parts are easily available and it's easy to work on. I don't own anything from either company, but I do have an OG Yob c6 like survivallasers.com sells that has done me well for over a year with heavy use. Seems like a bunch of folks love the rifle host too. Read up here and you'll learn more than you ever wanted to know, be safe

Thanks ZRaffleticket........it is my first high powered laser and no I do not have any goggles..........yet.....I am researching that now on the site.....kind of looking at Survivals goggles. I understand the danger of these lasers as I am in my 40's.

I was leaning towards the Lazerer because of the price and good service..........however.......I would pay more if I knew the Survival laser was better built. Just don't know the answer to that.

I can already tell this is a terrible hobby........I already want to get a couple of other lasers.......lol....please donate to my cause!!

Sounds like the survival is a better choice.....USA made, no customs to deal with....etc.

What about the battery differences between the two?

While I've never had a problem with lazerer, and ordered from Max many times, the choice here is crystal clear....

Go with survival laser. Get the eagle pair goggles from him while you're at it.

You'll get a laser with a much safer design (larger/better heatsinking), you will get to put it together yourself (super easy and fun) and you will get it FAST. Gary usually ships 1-2 days after getting payment.

Both designs use 16340 batteries IIRC... the once from survival will be better, but you're still better off just ordering some AW batteries from lighthound.

ARG

Both are good companies, with good reputations, can't really go wrong.

both lasers are equally good ;) But if you want to do some easy modding in the future it is better to take the c6 host from survivallaser ;)

greeting,,

After reading much more on this site and taking into consideration the posts here:

I ordered the following laser:

Survival Laser 1.4 445nm Parts Bundle w/Accessories & Rechargeable Batteries

Thanks for all the responses. :thanks:

Looking forward to building my next one.