Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Where to find high quality AAA lithium 10440 batteries?

Where can I find high quality AAA lithium 10440 unprotected batteries, or similar size that will fit? As long as protected batteries fit I'd be ok with them too if the capacity is high. Does anyone make an inexpensive modification to the Sanwu pocket laser that would allow it to carry either a bigger battery, or two paralleled 10440's?

120mah of weak voltage battery sucks. Nimh AAA's are rated for 850mah and probably have close to that, so lithium batteries of that size should be in the 500-1000mah range.

Last edited:

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Hey Nutball, take a look at these, they're from "IMR Batteries", they have 3 brands to choose from. :)

I can't believe that those Trustfire batteries are anywhere near 600mAh.

Do you have a way of determining the usable capacity of them? I am a bit doubtful because mine do last a good while, although I usually use the 10mw setting, but:
  • They sound a lot like ultrafire
  • They have trust in the name
  • They are on ebay
  • The seller has china in their username
And my ultrafire batteries get a weak low voltage 120mah. The beam is bright, but it could be a lot better, and there is noticeable dimming right after you turn it on high.

Yes, it has been my experience that anything XXXfire are never close to their claimed capacity. You might get lucky and get some that aren't crap, but you'll never get the rated capacity.

I wonder how old that test chart is? The ultrafires seem to get more than double the capacity mine get, and the efest 10440 is the best. I wish they made a high capacity 11470 with super thin skin and ends, that should definitely get a lot of mah in there.

Anyway I just found this: Test / Review: Efest IMR10440 V1 350mAh (Black) | BudgetLightForum.com

So, it looks like Efest are a must for the higher powered pocket lasers. Still someone should make a screw on case extension with special battery paralleler for even better performance and longer run time in still a pen size case.

Last edited:
My new efest batteries from liion work very well, less voltage drop under load. Still I only get around 160mah so it seems compared to 120mah or so out of the ultrafires. Note the ultra fires are "500mah" and the efest are "350mah". 350x.7= 245mah safe useable capacity. Plus the fact that my chargers are both not precise, and not designed for tiny lipos, so I'm not getting as much mah in or out as I could be, so I'd trust them to 200mah maybe. Either way, much better.