Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Where to find a Transistor?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand what you really expect lukedwards. He comes here asking where to find transistors. How are we to know what kind of scrap electronics he has laying around to try and salvage parts from? Transistors can be in anything, and it's hard to suggest anything particular to search for them in. If he were looking for something like a flyback-transformer, then it might be more appropriate to suggest something like an old CRT monitor, but transistors?

We suggest buying parts because, for most of us, the easiest place to find parts is to just buy them online. Some people don't even realize that you can buy such parts easily and quickly, and think Radio Shack or some dumpy local parts store is the only source of electronic parts they can access. They're extremely cheap and most people don't have access to heaps of scrap electronics to poke around in.

Also, if you don't like the brand of help found at this forum, either contribute your own assistance, or don't let the door hit you on the way out.

What door... I must be dreaming because I thought this was a forum. What a bunch of arrogant fuckers you are. (Again, not everyone. It should be pretty obvious who I'm referring to.) Guessing the main point of this forum is to make money from adds and links you post to products. Yes, at least one link I found in a different post goes through a tracker (Similar to Google Adsense).

It's great to know where to buy something. What is you really can't find a place to salvage them? You'll have to buy one. Again, I feel I should point out that some did answer his question. Others, simply ignored him and told him where to go buy one. Had they also given an example where to salvage at least one, I would have given them a big thumbs UP! In that case they would have gone above and beyond in answering his question.

I understand Bionic-Badger's point concerning the CRT monitor and flyback reference. Not bashing or arguing that point but I think he may have let his temper get the best of him and missed my point. Yes, there's so many more types of transistors his question was like asking: Where do I find a motor? I need a medium size motor. How can someone begin to answer this without knowing what he's working on. Like this: First, you can get a motor at a junk yard. They have a pretty good selection to pick from and depending what its for might even let you have it for free. Sorry, I can't be more specific but if you can give me any other details you may have I can try and give a more exact location in which to salvage what you need.

I never consider myself to be 100% correct. I think at least two members mis-read or failed to understand the context of my last two posts here (only two I made). Regardless I didn't come here to fight with anyone. Some may feel they have the time to waste with such frivolous things but I don't. Bash me all you want. I take no offense, just try to learn from experiences.

Big Sorry to the mods for this thread going this way. I obviously pushed buttons I didn't mean to. Opinions are obviously not welcome by some. No more comments from me though after this gumming up the thread unless its a direct answer to a question related to the thread. Or I wouldn't be surprised if I suddenly am unable to log in. If that's the case goodbye to all you helpful people! To the rest of you, karma really is a bitch :) and I hope at least one person is able to use the information about the USB mouse that I mentioned above. Why not just everyone get along and have a great weekend!!

I don't understand what you really expect lukedwards. He comes here asking where to find transistors. How are we to know what kind of scrap electronics he has laying around to try and salvage parts from? Transistors can be in anything, and it's hard to suggest anything particular to search for them in. If he were looking for something like a flyback-transformer, then it might be more appropriate to suggest something like an old CRT monitor, but transistors?

We suggest buying parts because, for most of us, the easiest place to find parts is to just buy them online. Some people don't even realize that you can buy such parts easily and quickly, and think Radio Shack or some dumpy local parts store is the only source of electronic parts they can access. They're extremely cheap and most people don't have access to heaps of scrap electronics to poke around in.

Also, if you don't like the brand of help found at this forum, either contribute your own assistance, or don't let the door hit you on the way out.

By the way. Thanks for being at least somewhat civil bionic badger! Perhaps I said things the wrong way or perhaps not but up until the end of your post you were at the very least helpful!

Status
Not open for further replies.