Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Where to buy brass driver board rings

For 17mm driver/contact boards, there are places like Survival Laser to get brass circumferential rings - which you can place the driver/contact board into the brass ring and and press the assembly into the driver pill/heat sink.

But what about 20mm or larger boards? I assume brass rings are required for all boards, regardless of diameter/size, since there needs to be a ground solder point between the board and body. But even if you use just wires to establish a ground, just placing a bare-edged board into the end of a metal battery bore (host body) seems less than ideal.

Using a brass ring to go around a contact board just seems like a neater and cleaner way to put things together.

Am I wrong about this?

Last edited:

Thank you - I will keep those in mind. It is basically an adapter to fit a 17mm board into a 20mm hole. But what if you want to use a 20mm, 21mm, or 22mm board?

Last edited:
I don't quite have an answer since I have only used 16.8/17mm...Alan

Hi Alan,

Thank you for the link.

Question: Do you ever place a driver board inside the host without a brass ring? If so, do you just use adhesive to keep the board from moving inside the host?

Hi Alan,

Thank you for the link.

Question: Do you ever place a driver board inside the host without a brass ring? If so, do you just use adhesive to keep the board from moving inside the host?

With the round drivers probably not but I don't see any reason you couldn't thermal adhesive it directly to the pill or heat sink without a ring. You would have to be very careful not to short something.

Alan