Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Where to buy a handheld laser in Europe?

hmm i e-mailed them with this question and they replied:

Dear Mark,

Thank-you for your email.

The duties, taxes or VAT are not charged by TNT or any other courier company. This is not a problem, rather these are sales import taxes levied by the government of a country and are within standard import practices.

We can mark a low value on your package in order for you to avoid customs duties/taxes. At this point, however, we would not be able to insure the package against a loss during shipping. Packages are lost very infrequently and many of our customers choose to declare a low value. If your package does get lost we will still assist you with getting a replacement.

If you would like us to mark a low value on your package please mark this in the Customer's Comments section when placing your order through our website.

Best Regards.

Magdalena Gudzowska,
Sales Director
NOVALASERS.COM

so it is possible to avoid this nonsense  :) :) :)

Optotronics listed the value a lot less on mine (about $75) but customs still charged me but it was only like £23 and most of that was parcel Force Charges so it wasn't that bad as it could of been well over £100, in fact thats the 2nd time I have been charged I think customs is really cracking down in the UK atm. Ohh it was marked as a Flashlight.

So far I don't think Optotronics has had a parcel go missing but its up to you if you want to ask them to lower the value.

Well, once my friend ordered his 125mW-Dragonlaser, I was involved in it (well, I ordered it and paid it ;) ), shipping to Germany was no problem. No extra fees, no trouble with customs, package arrived quite fast and without problems.

Maybe he was lucky, but on the other hand it seems Germany lets you import lasers alright (that was from China).