Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Where to buy a good green laser module >200mw?

geo-r

Hi after spend a lot of money on green laser I decide to ask for advise.my stronger green is 100mw and I think is true as is ignite matches instantly.but now I want more power at about 200+ true mw.Anyone know from where to buy one as a module?i don't want a pointer as the customs take it as illegal item!

Last edited:

geo-r

Re: Where to buy a good green laser module >150mw?

Thanks for answering.the item you suggest say out of stock.I am not looking for a burning laser I have a 445nm for this.I like green laser color and I want a power laser with true green power at good price and quality.

I have been recently buying 200mw green modules from Laserland on Ebay.
They have +- 10 % tolerance. Last one I got measured 214.
Price is about $75 module only.

There is this site called: Blue, Red, Green Laser Pointer, Powerful Lasers - OXlasers China, its a chineese seller, and a pretty new dealer of green lasers. i ordered 2 lasers, a 532nm and a 650nm, both 200mw and in the 'same' casing. They costed 60 and 45 $, where the 60$ were for the 200mw green. I am satisfied, and i recommend them. :)

Were you able to ckeck them with a meter? They are also selling 200mw greens for $39.99.
That is about half the price of just a module.

Update just got two more.

Industrial/LAB 3.7V-4.2V 532nm Green Laser 200mW Module Diode Lazer with Driver | eBay

Industrial 3.7VDC-4.2V 532nm Green Laser 200mW Module Diode Lazer | eBay

These are the same except one module is shorter. (I have no idea why but I wanted a short one for a short build)
There are many sellers on ebay with these. Just my experience, I have been happy, they have good feed back, good price.
Also note how you plan to hook it up. You can use connection to body & spring and use the on board switch or use wires.
Some come with wires & spring, some no wires.
When hooked directly to wires on board switch is bypassed so you need separate switch.

update 9-3
Two of the 200mw modules I was using the on board push button switch.
Both switch's screwed up after about two weeks. Beam was dim, different brightness, flicker, had to push it real hard to work, messed up switch.
I bypassed the switch on both and they work fine.
If it was only one I wouldn't have thought much about it. Just got a bad one.
But two screwing up the same way is suspicious.

Last edited:
Were you able to ckeck them with a meter? They are also selling 200mw greens for $39.99.
That is about half the price of just a module.

Unfortunately, no. I would like to, but here in Denmark i don't come arround many fellow laser interested guys.. And im kinda new, so i don't have one yet. I am going to the united states in the next month, and i plan to bring my lasers with my. Im going to stay for 10 months, as an exchange student. :)

Unfortunately, no. I would like to, but here in Denmark i don't come around many fellow laser interested guys.. And im kinda new, so i don't have one yet. I am going to the united states in the next month, and i plan to bring my lasers with my. Im going to stay for 10 months, as an exchange student. :)

Fortunately I learned quickly. My first two were a 250mw green $38 & a 130mw green $40 gun sight mount.
After I started getting into it and found this FANTASTIC forum and all these knowledgeable people and got a meter the 250 measured 50 and the 130 measured 15-20.
The nicest way to put it is a lot of Asian marketers in the laser business tend to exaggerate a bit at times.

Fortunately I learned quickly. My first two were a 250mw green $38 & a 130mw green $40 gun sight mount.
After I started getting into it and found this FANTASTIC forum and all these knowledgeable people and got a meter the 250 measured 50 and the 130 measured 15-20.
The nicest way to put it is a lot of Asian marketers in the laser business tend to exaggerate a bit at times.

Hehe i know those Asian markets, selling green lasers stated up to 500mW here, but no one is even felt on skin, burns plastic og pops baloon. :)

My 200mw green and red are the same model as some of the Lazerer models, so i guess their from same manufacturer.. And they burn very well, so im guessing they are pretty close to being on-spec. :)
Also, when looking on beams and beampics, they look pretty similar to others on the same power, but ofc. they can be a ripoff, even tough im pretty sure they arent. :)

geo-r

same happen with me many times with 532nm diodes.

geo-r

I just got two more.

Industrial/LAB 3.7V-4.2V 532nm Green Laser 200mW Module Diode Lazer with Driver | eBay

Industrial 3.7VDC-4.2V 532nm Green Laser 200mW Module Diode Lazer | eBay

These are the same except one module is shorter. (I have no idea why but I wanted a short one for a short build)
There are many sellers on ebay with these. Just my experience, I have been happy, they have good feed back, good price.
Also note how you plan to hook it up. You can use connection to body & spring and use the on board switch or use wires.
Some come with wires & spring, some no wires.
When hooked directly to wires on board switch is bypassed so you need separate switch.

so these two are tested to be real 200mw?they have ir filter or is 200mn with ir?