Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Laser Pointer Store

Where can i find a LPM for sale?

Jhop

I was wondering where can you buy the LPM? to measure laser output up to at least 5w. Any recommendations?

Jhop

Im just checking them out right now, wont be buying for a while. Just curious prices and brands

diachi

Im just checking them out right now, wont be buying for a while. Just curious prices and brands

This is pretty much the only cheap option that I know of that goes up to 5W, unless you want to DIY.

https://www.laserbeelpm.com/laserbee-ax3.html

These are a reasonable price but I don't know if they're still for sale or not: http://laserpointerforums.com/f39/radiant-x4-lpm-masses-illumination-supply-86296.html

You could try eBay, sometimes a good deal comes up there. Need to take into account usual eBay risks.

Then of course there's the likes of Thorlabs, Coherent etc - true lab grade equipment vendors - you'll be paying good money for those though, likely >$1000.

CaliKirk

Last edited:

CaliKirk

Had a feeling I was forgetting one of the cheaper/entry level LPMs! Thanks for adding that! :D
It's really not known of it seems like. IMO it's not being advertised like it should be or how I would but for the price it really is a great LPM. I got the first unit and there were some calibration issues but I believe he figured it out and all is good now.

diachi

It's really not known of it seems like. IMO it's not being advertised like it should be or how I would but for the price it really is a great LPM. I got the first unit and there were some calibration issues but I believe he figured it out and all is good now.
Agreed, I'd seen mention of it but nowhere near as much as the LaserBee or Radiant LPM - it looks like a decent LPM so hopefully it gets some more attention. Always good to have a few options. :)

I would go for the Hyperion Argentum (6W) from Astralist, I have one and I have been very happy with it so far. I seriously cannot find anything wrong with it at an entry level aspect, the only thing is you have to wait about 3 seconds to see a "Full Power" reading maybe even less. It works though, you get a little bit of lag with TEC based sensors vs a thermopile sensor like the expensive Ophir 20C or a laserbee.

Lifetime17

LPF Site Supporter
Hi, Jim Nospin has a few 5W LPM's for 350.00 this is with a ophir head. i have one in moth balls since i bought a 7W Laserbee. Contact him Jim is a great guy
Jim <no-spin@verizon.net>
Rich:)

Last edited: