Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Where can i buy funny star caps for laser pointers ?

damenz

So a friend of me who is or was registered at this forum too, showed me ago many years a cheap red laser pointer that he bought for a few cents in a store and that laser pointer had really super fun star caps.
He threw away that laser pointer and got a 5MW green laser poiner and used the caps on that one.

The star caps were super funny. One star cap was showing a middle finger, or one was showing "dont smoke" etc. it was amazing. He lost his star caps and last year or so he showed me a thor ultra that he bought and he is offering me to buy it since he has no use anymore for it.

So, for now my question is: Do you guys know any site where you can buy these kind of star caps ? or any store that has a huge choice of star caps ?

My next question would be (if i should decide to buy his thor ultra 3W) if the star caps would fit on the thor ultra. But actually this is not that much important since i am ordering today 3x 303 laser pointers so i can attach them on them instead.

I used to have a silly set of laser pointer diffraction caps too. They were pretty funny.

I think this kit will have a bunch of them: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Laser-poin...579587?hash=item2f2f554243:g:QOEAAOSwfSJbYgz4

I didn't search that hard but I remember finding 100 cap kits on ebay a while ago.

a 3W laser would destroy one of those things in seconds BTW. you *might* be able to take apart the cap and sandwich the grating in between two pieces of glass in order to make it handle higher powers. I've gotten that to work for other cheap gratings.

A 3W laser is incredibly dangerous in case you don't already know. You must get goggles for it if you decide to buy one.

Reactions: GSS

damenz

Sweet thank you so much. Yeah i was pretty sure that 3W will destroy it, thats why i asked :).

I dont wanna pay 130$ for the laser and caps. Is there a way to get the caps only ? would be cheaper. Or is there any way how i can make by my own star caps ? that would be more fun haha.