Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

whats the main difference?

between a Novalaser's X-75 and their X-100?

what can the X-100 do that the X-75 cannot?

light matches...distance away.
pop balloons....how many.
cut black tape.

thanks, bobobob121

Its hard to draw a line to say what can be done with a certain power level. If you're looking to burn things, then spend the money and get the X-100. That's what I would do.

Switch

Yea, the main difference is ~25mW ::) The rest depends on a lot of stuff, like batteries and type of match and balloon and tape.You couldn't really tell unless you actually made a test.And I don't think anyone made that test :p
Just think of it this way:
-whatever match/balloon/piece of tape the 75 can light/pop/cut, the 100 doest it faster and/or farther away
-and there's the other matches/balloons that the 100 can light/pop and the 75 can't.
(assuming they have the same beam specs too)
Just get the 100 , you know deep down inside you want to ;)
And goggles.

Razako

Everything that the x-75 can do will be done faster and more easily by the x-100. Also I'm not sure if the x-75 can light a match unless you get a really overpowered one.

By all means get the X100, it will be a smart choice! The X75 might not be able to light matches, while the X100 will. If you get an X75, every time you turn it on you will be wishing you would have payed the extra $$$ to get the X100.

but whats your budget?
coz if you are going to get a x100 then you should get goggles (well...with the x75 too), so that will take some of your money....so maybe you'll end up buying the x75 and goggles..

hey cant u light a match with a >75mw??
cmon i can pop balloons with a <30 :/

Entity

Hello ppl, look at his sig. It says he already has an X75. So he is not trying to decide which to get, he is trying to decide whether to upgrade, am I correct? If this is the case, I would say it wouldn't be worth it for you unless you got AT LEAST a 125mW but a 150 would be even better. You would definitely notice a difference with that laser whereas the burning capabilities of an X100 are only mildly better than the laser you already own.

Entity said:
Hello ppl, look at his sig. It says he already has an X75. So he is not trying to decide which to get, he is trying to decide whether to upgrade, am I correct? If this is the case, I would say it wouldn't be worth it for you unless you got AT LEAST a 125mW but a 150 would be even better. You would definitely notice a difference with that laser whereas the burning capabilities of an X100 are only mildly better than the laser you already own.

yea, your the first one to notice that. lol. but I am going to sell my X75 to my neighbor for 125 bucks.