Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

What makes this different than a ray foss? 200mw for $64

We never heard of TomTop, i woulnt risk my money with them. But the money is your so go ahead and try it and then tell us if it was a good deal.

They sell a ton of stuff on ebay (thats how I found it). I ordered a remote for my ps3 and then saw a nicer one that they were selling so I asked if they would send out the nicer one and they agreed so so far they seem very nice to deal with. I havent received the remote yet but they have good reviews.

if it is indeed the same laser I would place an order asap.

the only difference I can see is that the ray foss comes with a charger...but that cant be worth $90

the rayfoss isnt IR filtered either.

Im just wondering if these things are mass produced and it the laser is in every way the same.

We never heard of TomTop, i woulnt risk my money with them. But the money is your so go ahead and try it and then tell us if it was a good deal.

If the LPF vets hasn't heard of the company then it usually means the deal is too good to be true:

#1 Not ir filtered, most likely has a ton of ir in with the green
#2 Chinese companies like to perfect the art of lying to consumers and selling us crap, just look at wicked lasers.
#3 Might not last long, probably doesn't have good optics / poor divergence. Good luck with any warranty..

Do what you want, but if you have to ask if its a good deal then it probably isn't.

The only thing I really want to know is if rayfoss buys the hosts and then assembles the laser or if rayfoss buys the lasers pre-assembled from the same manufacturer.

As for a warranty if its the same internals I could buy 2 and still be $20 less than the rayfoss.

Last edited:
bybe rayfoss uses the same manufacturer... but only buy the selected better powered items. but i'm not sure.....

Zike

In fact rayfoss sells in the exact same host 50mw,100mw,150mw,200mw.

So the worst case you will get the 50mw (sold as 200mw) from TomTop for $64 instead of $45 from rayfoss :)