Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Buy Site Supporter Role (remove some ads) | LPF Donations

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery | Browser Hide by Avery

what laser to buy

Hey guys I wanted to buy a laser maybe under 30$ green or blue that can reach a lot more then 10 miles do you know any laser like that? I have blue lasers but the beam is too thick so it does not reach far maybe you guys can show my one thanks !!!

I don't think $30 is going to cut it for a 532nm or 445nm pointer that has a beam you can see for 10 miles. Is there anyway you can save up more money?

-Alex

You can use a beam expander on your blue lasers and they will make it be seen further. What the beam expander does is increase the laser's range by reducing the beam divergence by ☆ (depends on your beam expander) times; this allows the laser's beam to stay narrower, longer.

I don't think $30 is going to cut it for a 532nm or 445nm pointer that has a beam you can see for 10 miles. Is there anyway you can save up more money?

-Alex

I agree with Alex. $30 can never get you a laser like that.

You can use a beam expander on your blue lasers and they will make it be seen further. What the beam expander does is increase the laser's range by reducing the beam divergence by ☆ (depends on your beam expander) times; this allows the laser's beam to stay narrower, longer.

I agree with Alex. $30 can never get you a laser like that.
Can you link me a good beam expander for a blue laser 450nm

Your budget and needs are a bit of a stretch. Cheap will be just that.

Beam expanders work with all visible wavelengths I believe and they are usually pricey

Last edited:
if u want laser with good divergence then green 532 is the best choice.

I wish we'd all stop spoon-feeding these lazy newbies who don't bother to do searches for themselves.

Back