Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

What laser should i get?

Lane

If you are going to go with a green then I would suggest not getting the Rayfoss 50mw as I recieved the 50mw waterproof version and it is just as bright if not dimmer than one of my ebay "5mw" pointers. But it still does melt a little bit of dark plastic. So what I would do is either build a blu ray or a red and buy a cheap ebay 5mw greenie (I got mine from emall2010) or get a 100mw greenie from rayfoss that would be able to burn. Also if you do not have a pool or some other body of CLEAR water then just get the regular as the lens on the waterproof version will lower the power and you will constantly be taking it off then putting it on. And if you do get any of these lasers and you want to get more power from them NEVER EVER pot mod.
Good luck,
Lane

Nickie

I ordered and received this 50mw green laser from rayfoss
www.rayfoss.com
It is blindly bright im thinking its really a 50mw as the beam is visible in low light.The focusing was working great but.. now when i focus it to get bigger it goes from a perfect circle to an oval and continues to change. The first day i got this it was a perfect circle, and now not so much. Could i have done something to it? Or whats going on. Also when its focused at its smallest there are little dots that are staggering around the center dot is this normal?
Ill upload pictures of it tonight.