Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

What is your own laser circuit design

Marco Botha

What is your most complicated laser circuit design for the case in high power lasers
I want to go and build a circuit for my future lasers that is not the LM317 regulator or anything but a circuit that uses opamps and transistors for current regulation.

I designed a control board that can do 53 amps 4v into two channels each for a dual end-pumped z-fold cavity. It's switch mode based on the MAX20096. It uses some pretty beefy MOSFETS and inductors and has a switching speed of 1Mhz so it's pretty clean. Can run on a 2s LiPo pack but it's definitely not something you'll put into a small host. You're welcome to the design but be warned it's all SMT and needs a 4 layer board to control EMI. It also uses the MAX20096 SPI interface and is intended to be interfaced to a microcontroller, although the MAX20096 can be run stand-alone with some schematic changes.

Marco Botha

I designed a control board that can do 53 amps 4v into two channels each for a dual end-pumped z-fold cavity. It's switch mode based on the MAX20096. It uses some pretty beefy MOSFETS and inductors and has a switching speed of 1Mhz so it's pretty clean. Can run on a 2s LiPo pack but it's definitely not something you'll put into a small host. You're welcome to the design but be warned it's all SMT and needs a 4 layer board to control EMI. It also uses the MAX20096 SPI interface and is intended to be interfaced to a microcontroller, although the MAX20096 can be run stand-alone with some schematic changes.
I am learning myself elctronics that i am finished with school and starting with low power and easy to control like transistors and they are not perfect but it is my good start until i know how to work with switching supplies
My biggest problem as n beginner is choosing the parts for a circuit as there are many types such as op-amps and not sure wich ons will work best.
And my first laser build is going to be 505 nm 30mw laser wich wil be controlled with normal linear components

I am learning myself elctronics that i am finished with school and starting with low power and easy to control like transistors and they are not perfect but it is my good start until i know how to work with switching supplies
My biggest problem as n beginner is choosing the parts for a circuit as there are many types such as op-amps and not sure wich ons will work best.
And my first laser build is going to be 505 nm 30mw laser wich wil be controlled with normal linear components
Selecting parts is really hard -- there are so many. But unless you have specific needs (high power, fast switching, low noise) there are some standard parts you can start with. For op-amps, Dave on the EEVBlog has a good video on what he calls "jelly bean op-amps", which are generic, common parts that are a good start:

Building a linear power supply for a 30mw range is a great starting project.

Marco Botha

Selecting parts is really hard -- there are so many. But unless you have specific needs (high power, fast switching, low noise) there are some standard parts you can start with. For op-amps, Dave on the EEVBlog has a good video on what he calls "jelly bean op-amps", which are generic, common parts that are a good start:

Building a linear power supply for a 30mw range is a great starting project.
Thank you for the link
Wil be starting to design some circuits to use on low power diodes to 1W diodes but higher power diodes wil be a project after getting used to linear power supplies