Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

What is this effect called ??????

M

MirrorLaser

I was shinning my laser arround, and when I shinned it over some plasic, I got this effect...... what would this effect be called ?

url]

S

SenKat

Reventón said:
I was shinning my laser arround, and when I shinned it over some plasic, I got this effect...... what would this effect be called ?

url]

I would call it : COOL !!

I found that same thing out a while back when laying in bed shining my (former) Aries around - it hit a spot where my daughter had left the plastic wrap from a new DVD we had bought sitting on top of the entertainment center, and made that kind of reflection - it looks simply out of this world !

T

timelord

Looks very nice glad to see you've resized your picture as well [smiley=dankk2.gif]

k-9

its called diffraction here is one i did with textured glass

Attachments

• laser_mist_005.avi
    4.4 MB · Views: 37
k-9 said:
its called diffraction here is one i did with textured glass
Wouldnt difraction include some orderliness?
Like a series of lines or dots with similar spacing?

or would that be interference?

k-9

LaserCo said:
[quote author=k-9 link=1191695925/0#4 date=1191718769]its called diffraction here is one i did with textured glass
Wouldnt difraction include some orderliness?
Like a series of lines or dots with similar spacing?

or would that be interference?[/quote]

diffraction means a modulation of waves as sound or light in response to an obstacle in its path. according to dictionary so yes and no it depends on what the obstacle is ;)