Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

What is the LPC designation?

Where did the designation Mitsubishi PLC come from? Excuse me if this post is pedantic. But were did the designations LPC-826, LPC-836 and LPC-840 come from? I searched the Mitsubishi website thoroughly, and I found info about diodes such as ML101U29-25, but I did not any info about any PLC diode. It is if Mitsubishi disavowed the creation of the LPC diodes. This seems to make the LPC-840 the Swiss Dinar of laser diodes. Which is funny because even though Saddam Hussein might have imprisoned you for possessing one at least he would have acknowledged creating the Swiss Dinar at one time.

For the ML60171C I can get specs that describe the threshold current and typical operating voltage. However for the PLC, it seems like information would be much less reliable, on a LPC diode if it's manufacture denies it's existence.

im not certain (at all really), but i think its the model number of the CD burners they are used in/came from.

diachi

im not certain (at all really), but i think its the model number of the CD burners they are used in/came from.

I seem to recall that it's the number off of the actual caddy inside the driver, where the optics and diode etc. are mounted.