Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

What is "Leadlight"?

DML

I am new to green lasers and I recently bought a pointer from Vital Spirit on eBay. It is advertised as Leadlight. There is nothing on the box or anywhere that says Leadlight. The label has Vital Spirit on it. I am just curious as to the name Leadlight. What is it?

This is the first time that I have seen a green laser other then on the internet. All I can say is "Holy Deleted Explative!" :eek: This thing is bright! I have some small red pointers and a Melles Griot He Ne red laser rated at 6.3 MW. I can't even guess as to how many times brighter the green laser is. It makes me wonder what a 75MW or 100MW laser would look like.

I would also like to ask what a CNI laser is along with a leadlight i know im a noob :-[

millionaire said:
I would also like to ask what a CNI laser is along with a leadlight i know im a noob :-[
Its simply a brand, you know like Ford, Chevy, those are all cars ;D
Leadlight, CNI, different brands of lasers; nothing more, nothing less.

Kenom

kind of amazing that such a simple laser at the same output but different wavelength can be so much move visible.  I modified my leadlight from vital_spirit to something like 100mw.  it was absolutely amazing burning through tape lighting matches, and pop balloons.  of course it died shortly therafter.  still wish I had it.  Sigh......... I'm over it now.  I'll just buy another!!!!

Here is the visible spectrum and how we interpret it with our eyes as far as visible power.