Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

what is an internet troll?

I am serious. i had in my head an idea of what i thought it was. but i see it used differently throught this forum.
so i'm just looking for your versions of the meaning of a "troll", "interent troll", or "forum troll"

thanks
michael

here is a good example, this is a very common picture and very commonly used to troll people.

the person posting the picture isn't actually that girl, and people that think that are trolled.

1246651365557.jpg

There are many meanings. Basically one who highjack a thread, posts off topic, starts wars, shoves options down your throat, people screwing with you for no reason, ect. Mostly people who break net educate. Which everyone does at one time. Feeding the troll means giving that person a chance to keep on disturbing the thread. EVERYONE has trolled in their internet experience. So no one can really say anything. I don't really care, but it seams many do. They act are like kids who call people names. So in reality they are trolling too LOL. Its just internet drama.

I suspect interent is just internet spelled wrong...

Last edited:
here is a good example, this is a very common picture and very commonly used to troll people.

the person posting the picture isn't actually that girl, and people that think that are trolled.

I dont blaim them... :drool: mmm Dirty Sanchez comes to mind.
love-smiley-086.gif

I go by this one

One who posts a deliberately provocative message to a newsgroup or message board with the intention of causing maximum disruption and argument

An internet troll is somebody who do whatever it takes to upset somebody else on the web. most of the time they will just go around insulting others and shoving his views in others faces, talking about how right his is... and how wrong and dumb you are. They are usually nobody's IRL. There are different kinds out there. The way to kill a troll is simply not to feed it.

I think the æ should have a nsfw though...
cuz its gonna be like
1243211765991.jpg

Wha....
1244419018702.jpg

LoL

But seriously.. there is a article on Cracked about how "some believe" that trolls are killing the internet, & how to stop them. long story short. create total nanny state type web or just kill it flat out. Lulz @ #1 It's gotta be a scientology conspiracy i tell ya.. of course they would want to kill Anon, but Anon cannot be killed. We are ^%$# Legion!!

(whoa)..Anyways a while ago i even posted a thread about how the government is even trying to pass laws that apply to "trolls".

*Cracked link

5 Ways to Stop Trolls From Killing the Internet | Cracked.com

*Trolls watch out
http://laserpointerforums.com/f57/internet-trolls-watch-out-40174.html

Last edited:
Last edited:

k1kb0t

Interesting, I always though it was a fictional Troll that lives under a bridge and just harasses everyone. For some reason the character and not the action came to mind. Maybe because I don't like fishing. :p

Jon

Eku

But you gotta admit trolls can somtimes provide LOTS of epic lulz, and mean LOTS ever been to the RuneScape forums, funny shit I tell ya.