Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

What host will fit 3 CR2 batteries?

I need 9v to the LD driver board, and was wondering if anyone knows of a flash light that can possibly fit 3 CR2 batteries?

CR2 batteries are just a little wider than AA's. The inside diameter, therefor, should loosely fit AA batteries perhaps.

depending on the actual dimensions of the board you can use the DX200 or you can always custom make a larger diameter and/or length of a 2x or 3x CR123 host. Just extend the spring on the inside or fill up the gaps from the size difference.

3x cr2's in a dilda will leave you with 1/8th inch room on each end... not enough....
you might have to get crafty and make your own out of some type of pipe...

sad_sagi said:
3x cr2's in a dilda will leave you with 1/8th inch room on each end... not enough....
you might have to get crafty and make your own out of some type of pipe...

Yeah that's what I waz thinking! :D Only prob is how I cap the ends to make it look nice you know?
Aluminum shines up really nice with some fine sand paper and a good buff, but it defeats the purpose if the button and ends look like crap. I don't have a CNC machine or a lathe. :(