Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

What first laser should I get?

I did. Ebay seller over feel. Gave him the model and all the details. 27 dollar 532. Look on the first page

Oh ok. Well best of luck to our new potential laser enthusiast :beer:

Lol maybe I went a little hard with the Blord thing I admit.
Same hear good luck buddy.

I honestly get really tired of people complaining about IR leakage. Get some goggles that block 808,1064nm and 532nm. They DO exist.
Please tell me more about your geniune knowledge in Chinese laser ir leak. Honestly I understand it's not that bad and yes I fess up to over exagerating it, but I shouldn't need special goggles just because it leaks ir. to all it concerns: sorry for taking IR leak a little to seriously. If it bothers you that bad than correct me even though I have just attempted it for you.

Let's be honest here, IR filters do block some green light. That's why when I get my GLP-589 yellow in I'm removing this IR filter under the cap to get a more bright beam.

Not to mention IR is not nowhere near as dangerous as UV.

On topic I understand IR leakage in lasers is a bad thing only when you're looking really close at it. But for far distance pointing IR leakage is a non-worry issue. I just get fed up with people complaining about IR leakage :p

And I have no idea what chemical dye they use in IR safety goggles.

Blocking IR light seems like a tall order IMO.
not nowhere? taking a safety feature out of expensive equipment? is this where all the neg rep comes from? people complain because it does exist. just saying

IR filters block like 0.4% of green light if the coating is any good... not really worth taking it all apart and prying glued glass off of the aperture. You risk scratching the lens... and it seems the IR is quite well collimated, looking at IR leakage from far away should do pretty much the same damage as the green component.

And yes UV is probably more dangerous as a whole but there are so many variables that it would be difficult to assess

Last edited:

NO4H99

Eagle Pair® 190-540nm & 800-2000nm Laser Safety Goggles

^^ Looky Looky they block green + the IR if you're worried.

And they're pretty cheap. They are dark tho. I've been looking for some IR goggles that are very light not dark. But they cost $400+.

And rep is just silly. A color and a number, really?

Kick back, relax, pop open a beer and enjoy the lasers.

So you take out the ir filter because you claim it makes your laser beam brighter... then you say that the safety glasses that block IR are too dark. Is it just me or are you undoing what you did (and then tried to defend). Maybe it would have been better just to keep the filter in there?? :thinking: