Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

What first laser should I get?

$50 is really going to hurt this quest! Look at jokers page. Sflasers.com. He should have a new stock of 100 mw green coming in a couple weeks for about 50 bucks. You want to get the batteries and charger from a different place. Battery junction. Do not get them shipped together. This laser will have a great beam, light matches the whole nine for a new laser owner. This will be impressive without breaking the bank or your retina .

Also, before doing enough research I purchased an infiniter 2000 laser beam pointer from amazon($50). I am not sure that was a great decision so I might have to get a different one. You guys know anything about that laser model?

Joker is a great seller and forum member ,fast service very professional and keeoscin contact until you get what you bought agree with tmackbb4 $50 is going to be making it tough but once addiction kuckscin that will feel like nothing ...must have the rainbow of colors

Seems to be a overpriced pen. Will be fun to have in your pocket but probably is not strong at all. No mw rating or anything means they have nothing to brag about. The seller probably has no idea what a mw is much less know what to rate it. Look at an eBay seller named overfeel. He's in the states and sells the covert I have in my sig. 27.00 bucks. Ships in like two days. Comes with battery and charger. It's labeled military laser pointer. Nice beam lights matches pops balloons. Can't go wrong with that for your first one. Cheap, you'll get it fast, and comes with everything. It's even focus able.

ref=mp_s_a_1_1

This is the pen, yeah prob stupid to get one from amazon but I didn't really know what I was doing.

If you want power regular aa batteries are your dead giveaway. At the least your going to want 16340 lithium ion rechargeable . If you don't mind a little wait 13 days. Go with joker. If you want it now but faaarr less quality go with that eBay seller overfeel. He's in Brooklyn New York. He's and get the one with the rear button and no keys. But IMHO I would go with joker here. Sflasers. I just ordered a sfcr from him and he's a great guy.

$50 bucks . 100mw 532nm . Look on his website. Sflasers.com. He just sold out but gets them in every couple weeks. The people here eat them up whenever he gets stock inso that should tell you something. He's also got red for $45. 200 mw. But your going to want his green . Check out the video on his site. This budget is really whats limiting you. There's a lot of option if you were to be able to spend about $200 bucks. Another seller here is Blord. For around a hundred bucks he will build you a 445 blue. 1000 mw plus. This is slightly less visible then the green but wow can it burn. Blord has them ready to go.http://laserpointerforums.com/f39/s...cr-sfcg-lasers-will-available-soon-81446.html

Last edited:
I'm sorry I prefer safety. It lights my fuse when a newbie asks for a powerful laser. All newbs need to learn.

I picked up a 20mW green WL as my first laser above a cheap presentation pointer available at all general stores... turned out to be 50mW+, and I had no idea lasers were dangerous at the time. Luckily I was smart enough to not shine the laser in my eye deliberately, but it's gone into my eyes more than once before, and I can definitely say that any new laser owner who is not careful WILL damage their eyes, even without really knowing.

Sorry, but I also prefer safety first. Once you've got the safety part down, by all means take your shades off. But it's your eyes, and you only have two, and if you were playing with lasers and were too young/naive, then that really sucks, but that's the point of wiser and older advising the naive and younger, right?

Last edited:
Like I said before I'm all for safety. But if the kids wants a desert eagle, I'm not going to push him on a 22. And he wants a 50 dollar 532. Hardly the eye frier. Not harmless but if you plug your phone in you just know not to jam your finger in the socket. Not that accidents don't happen, but you can't hide from risk if you want anything worthwhile.

I remember when I was a total laser noob (i'm still a bit of a noob). my first laser above a few cheap reds from Walmart was the Arctic. I always wore my laser shades indoors while using it and only pointed it at the sky when outside. I was way more into burning stuff back then. Now, all I care about is beam visibility.