Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

what does the photo diode do?

D

Deleted member 16589

Its feedback for driver
a portion of the output is split off the main beam and the photo diode monitors the amount. It tells the driver to give the diode more or less current to ensure a stable output.

Its feedback for driver
a portion of the output is split off the main beam and the photo diode monitors the amount. It tells the driver to give the diode more or less current to ensure a stable output.

OK I understand now thank you

LMFAO was just looking at that same auction this morning.
I wonder who makes it.

Haha that's to funny. I wouldn't have a clue who makes it. But when I asked the seller about it they went on to tell me this is the module that wicked uses. By the looks of it that could be the photo diode on the end there. What do you think?

Also they said the driver is inside the module. Running at 2.5 amps

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 16589

Haha that's to funny. I wouldn't have a clue who makes it. But when I asked the seller about it they went on to tell me this is the module that wicked uses. By the looks of it that could be the photo diode on the end there. What do you think?

Also they said the driver is inside the module. Running at 2.5 amps

I see No evidence of a photo diode in the pic and if its the module from the krypton I don't think those had a photo diode.

I see No evidence of a photo diode in the pic and if its the module from the krypton I don't think those had a photo diode.

I was just going by the schematic of the first picture I posted which shows a photo diode above the beam splitter. That is a schematic of the krypton's 532 module from their site. But with what I have read about wicked it could be false.

So the module we found on ebay probably isn't the krypton's module?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 16589

I was just going by the schematic of the first picture I posted which shows a photo diode above the beam splitter. That is a schematic of the krypton's 532 module from their site. But with what I have read about wicked it could be false.

So the module we found on ebay probably isn't the krypton's module?

ah my bad I thought that was a schematic for the core.

IDK about the eBay module because we cant see inside it

ah my bad I thought that was a schematic for the core.

IDK about the eBay module because we cant see inside it

For the price of that module you think it would be worth giving it a shot in building a handheld out of it? I'm interested it it for sure. Just don't want to buy something that isn't going to produce the output shown. Always a gamble with these kinds of things.

D

Deleted member 16589

For the price of that module you think it would be worth giving it a shot in building a handheld out of it? I'm interested it it for sure. Just don't want to buy something that isn't going to produce the output shown. Always a gamble with these kinds of things.

Im more into labbies but at that price if its up to spec its not bad.
Personally I would go for one of these Lasever Inc.-LSR532mNL & LSR532PL 100~800mW But that's just me :tinfoil: