Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

What Batteries to buy?

Stanui

Hello everyone, I recently ordered and received one of Blords lasers the 501bs I received it and loved the build but I've had problems with the batteries I use with them, the Ultrafire 18350s I know that they are bad and I agree my question is what another replacement that is more reliable? Any Input would be greatly appreciated. Currently looking at the IMR 18350 800mah 3.7v High Drain Li-mn Rechargeable Batteries, they seem to have good reviews around all of the places that I have seen.

Thanks!

Hate to do it, but sometimes it's just absolutely necessary. Please use the search feature as there are many threads and discussions on batteries. There is even a section dedicated partially to it called "Drivers, Test-load, Power Supply, & Batteries". Scroll down to it from the main page.

IWIRE

I have some AW IMR 18350 batteries and some Efest that test to specs. I haven't tested a lot of 18350 batteries. I've tested a bunch of 18650 batteries and so far the Imren 38a 18650 is the best one for maintaining voltage at high current drain. Imren has an 18350 also. If they are anything like their 18650's it would be a winner. Imren batteries are just hard to find.

My batteries are LG 2800mAh. Nine of them came from a laptop that died far too early in its life, thus the cells are good. The other four were bought new roughly a year prior. I've had zero trouble with any of them.

AVOID cheap batteries - see my sig below!!!