Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

What are you thoughts on Dragon Lasers

metroid said:
Ok, I got my Viper 125mw yesterday. Its pretty nice, it seems to be just as bright as the others on youtube. The beam is visible in lit conditions, not super bright, but visible. It didn't come in an elegant and stylish case though. It came in a styrofoam and cardboard case. Oh well. I need better batteries for it. I am thinking about ordering the eneloops.

I will make a review for it soon.

Eneloops are awesome!

VW

I'm not going to lie here, I'm in mixed minds about them at the minute. On one hand, I bought a Hulk which was tremendously over powered and to this date have not had one problem with. But on the other hand, I've bought a Spartan BP and since the day I bought it, I've had nothing but trouble with it. First unit, DOA, tail cap wasn't working properly and got jammed, lost a battery in the process. Second unit, worked for a couple of months but started mode hopping and the second battery they supplied me with wasn't working correctly. Third unit, arrived with a big scratch on it, no warning sticker, tail cap didn't work properly which got replaced. Is nicely powered and inherently stable, so I can forgive the scratch which can easilly be covered with a 473nm warning sticker (THAT I'M SUPPLYING MY SELF WITH).

Overall I'd say if you're buying a green laser, you're good to go. But anything else other than accessories is touchy ground. I love the Spartan BP to bits, it really is a solid laser when you get a good unit. But for all the crap I went through over the time since I bought it (March/April), deffinately wasn't worth it.

I got a Viper 125 a couple of weeks ago. Haven't yet tested the output as am waiting for my laserbee, but the output is a LOT brighter than my two 50mw megagreeen stealth units (as you would expect).  I am guessing it is over rather than under spec if anything. Spot width just out of the aperture is  <1.5mm which is smallest of my greenies (the others are 2 to 3 mm). Haven't checked divergence yet but will do so tonight. Burning seems about right for the power (match heads, plastic bags, wood). The pointer is nice looking, feels solid and there is no flicker on the beam. Shipping was quick.

So so far it is a thumbs up for Dragon.

Can anyone give me a link to the thread where a user bought two underpowered vipers? I can't seem to find it.

Andrewajt62 said:
Can anyone give me a link to the thread where a user bought two underpowered vipers? I can't seem to find it.
that was a LOOOONG time ago by pseudonomen137

maxkillz said:
[quote author=Andrewajt62 link=1224362922/0#19 date=1229732454]Can anyone give me a link to the thread where a user bought two underpowered vipers? I can't seem to find it.
that was a LOOOONG time ago by pseudonomen137[/quote]

I know it was quite ahwile ago, but is that thread still hiding under tons and tons of old threads?

I dunno, my viper 95 is working great. Just today with a fresh pair of nimh batts I got a 134mw peak and around 115 mw avg.

I think that as far fetched as it may seem pseudo just got two lemons. They are made by CNI anyways. From what I have heard and read everyone seems to be quite satisfied with DL products, they are IMO one of the better places for buying a laser, besides maybe if your looking for a Viper/X-series and even on that front the difference between NOVA and DL is not that great. Though customer service post buy, might be a bit better from NOVA (based on what I've read about their service), can't say anything about DL customer service though as I have never had to deal with them.