Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

what are cool things to shine lasers at to make interesting reflections?

im always in search of new things to shine lasers at to make cool looking effects, i was wondering if anyone knew of anything, or a link to a website

Have you ever had one of those little plastic things that when you put it up to your eye, it makes you see the room in like little crystal things. I think its a gyroscope or something like that. I love aiming mine into that. Some lasers have attatchments that you can put on the end and do it that way too.:san:

Helios

Have you ever had one of those little plastic things that when you put it up to your eye, it makes you see the room in like little crystal things. I think its a gyroscope or something like that. I love aiming mine into that. Some lasers have attatchments that you can put on the end and do it that way too.:san:

I think you mean kaleidoscopic.

If your going to shine it through anything make sure you have laser glasses unless it is low power like 5mW.

Otherwise make yourself a lumina wheel and you will have hours of fun. Really good ones look amazing.

Here are some examples

Last edited:

Mo13

Almost every clear glass vase will make a pretty cool light show by constantly moving your laser all over the surface. the more ornate, the better!

Just be sure that your laser is no more than 5mW.

Some time ago I was thinking; vegetable oil and glitter. Heat the vegetable oil (SLIGHT heat... less than "warm" ... just enough to impose currents / flows).

I'm looking forward to our next snowfall now that I have lasers. IF Texas doesn't erupt in flame by then.
:scowl: