Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Welcome to the future of laser technology!

Interesting isn't it.. to answer some of your thoughts.. think of this..

Well if it had enough momentum it wouldn't need any further propultion once it is in space.

Well they have thought of something actually... it is the concept of frictionless liquard (or as close as possible to frictionless). sceptics and scientists alike think this is how alien space craft might work. If the humans were suspended in a captual inside the frictionless liquard.. they could spin the outside of the ship while the inside captual stays still.... just a thought. Or i guess they could always just engineer a more stable design which wouldn't require spinning at all... I'm only guessing but I think the only reason why they had to spin the model was because it was quite light.. if it was to be misaligned or struck by wind.. this would help to reduce the effects.

They've been toying with the theory of Photon/light sail's for awhile
Solar sail - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Next video we see how lasers can be used in storage of data.. in this case holographic data storage!
Great (graus?) thread, m8 :beer:+1

Can you believe it, a terabyte on a flippin' 12cm disc... I think I kept a 5 1/4" diskette - we're talkin' under 1mb storage media... . No, scratch that - I still have punch cards from one of my first FORTRAN programs... :whistle:

I bet there's only a handful of LPFers who even know what a punch card is, let alone used them... or dropped them on the floor, just 15mins before your program was due... :eek: - a tip for all you boys & girls; always carry a few spare rubber bands.

Man we've sure come a long way! I hope to be using optical storage cubes soon too :D