Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Weird 50mW

weird that must be overspec then maybe 75mw ?

Well it's definitely over spec but it's just weird that it will burn certain things but not light matches. The best bet for getting it to light matches would be to either get darker matches or use a small amount of black marker to color the ones you already have black.

Ablaze

Call me old fashioned, but I like to use that striker bar on the side of the box to light my matches..

Call me old fashioned, but I like to use that striker bar on the side of the box to light my matches..

LoL Same. When I first got into lasers I tried burning a few things but I honestly can't remember the last time that I actually burned something (intentionally :D ) with my lasers.

EDIT- Probably when I got my survival laser 445. I have a lot more fun doing stuff like building spirographs, doing RG and RGB beam combinations at different powers and other stuff like that although I guess if you only have 1 or 2 lasers of the same color you can only do so much. Making your first spirograph is a fun project thats relatively easy. A couple of mirrors, some cheap DC motors from radio shack, a battery pack, a laser and you're pretty much set.

Last edited: