Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

We just need a bit more info. Help confirm your identity...

RANT

Suddenly, P**P*** wants me to confirm my identity?!!! I've had the same account since 2005!

giphy.gif

I get a popup every time I make a purchase. It says: " There’s a problem with your account. Be sure to resolve it to restore full account access. "

Strangely, my account is not limited or blocked at all. I can still make purchases.

When I log in I see this: "Like using your P**P*** balance to send and spend online? Confirm your info now. Or transfer to your bank when you get paid. It’s your choice!"

The thing is, I never even have a balance. I rarely sell anything. I very intentionally do not have a bank account linked to my account.

I called and asked about it. They say that it might be because I requested a PP credit card, or I recently transferred money into out out of my account. I told her that if those things happened it was fraudulent... and asked her to take a closer look. She told me that neither of those things actually happened, and then admitted that it is because of new regulations and soon EVERYONE will have to submit the documents to use the service.

I told her that I do not hand out my SSN. If it becomes a mandatory requirement then I will close my account and just use my damn credit card. ( I keep a prepaid card just for overseas purchases ;) )

Is anyone else getting these messages when they use PP to make purchase?

END RANT

Last edited:

I do have a bank account and several major credit cards that I linked to PP. I have never had this type of problem. If you insist on remaining completely anonymous, you can expect to have these kinds of problems. No one really wants to do business with someone they can't identify in any credit situation. Even a prepaid credit card is a type of credit. You should expect this if you are trying to remain anonymous.

Paul, thanks for your input.

It has nothing to do with anonymity. This is just about not passing my SSN out like candy on Halloween. It is about maintaining a healthy degree of security around my finances. There is no REAL necessity for them to have it. I'm not applying for credit.

I have no issue with the requirement for picture ID and whatever this address document thing is. They already have my name, phone number, address, and credit card information. Afterall, it's kinda hard to be anonymous when I get packages sent to my house. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited: