Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Waterproof Laser Build

mmykle

So I've always wanted to build a water proof laser out of these old flashlights I had lying around and I finally got around to doing it yesterday. The flashlight in question is this "freebee" that my Mom got from work, I don't think you can buy them at Target or anything. It's covered in this nice black rubber and feels like a solid build when you hold it.

Here's a side picture of the two flashlights:
IMG_4435.JPG

In theses you can see where I dremelled out the plastic for space for the Flex Drive. You can also see where I stuck the aixiz module. (On the non-laser flashlight I dremelled off too much plastic and the aixiz module would rattle if I used it :()
IMG_4447.JPG

IMG_4449.JPG

This is a side by side pic of them on... I don't know why I included the original flashlight ::)
IMG_4429.JPG

IMG_4430.JPG

Finally, I have some beam shots! The first one shows them underwater. The beam is a lot brighter in real life then in those pictures.
IMG_4438.JPG

IMG_4432.JPG

IMG_4433.JPG

After taking all of those pictures I disassembled the laser to try and focus it to "infinity" and stuck it back in. Since then the main cover on the flashlight has slightly melted and now the laser dot is more of a smudge. Other then that the laser works fine! ;)

nice...looks like with the case you used you could fry a persons eyes out and then beat them over the head with it until they die. haha. very cool. maybe now you can mess around with little kids in pools ;)

Switch

dvdg101 said:
maybe now you can mess around with little kids in pools ;)

Ah finally! That's the dream and purpose of many of us ;D