Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

WARNLaser 30mW Review by Daedal

Hi DDL,
I do feel for the guy and see your point of view, but then I think about people buying these and not getting what they pay for and I even feel more sorry for them.

Pseudo may be being a bit harsh, but he's right.

Warnlaser had posted that they belonged to a laser business organization (don't remember the name of hand...I'm embarrassed) and when you look closely at the image they posted it was an expired membership from a different company. I know there were other things as well, I just don't recall them (but Pseudo does).

What angers me is that these places sell this junk which quickly turns off the buyer do to low output and low quality, this in turn prevent the buyer from becoming more involved in the hobby....It's just plain bad for hobby to have this junk out on the market.

What I'm saying is not just directed at warnlaser, but all the low end lasers being sold on ebay and other new sites popping up all the time.

All these places are interested in is making their money and when the money drys up from that, they move on to the next hot product to capitalize on. If they were really honest, they would take some time to learn about lasers and the qualty of the products they sell. These places treat them as if they were cheap watches, with nothing more to needed to know about them.

There's nothing wrong with making money, that's what I try to do as well; but its a little different. I do it honestly and provide exatly what I say I will. The sad thing is that it's alot more profitable and easy to go the dishonest route than to put a large amount of effort into building an honest company and loyal customer base.

It is different from selling $5 rolex watches or even $300 rolexs on ebay. With the watches most buyer will know what they are getting, but with lasers its not the same at all. Sure you and me might know right off that these are junk, but most think they are getting a high quality performance laser just as good as one that 3x as much money could have been spent on. They think they got a real bargain, afterall to them milliwatts is all they look at and they believe what they see printed on these websites and have no way of testing the product to call them on it.

In effect, it makes the laser pointer market a prime place for scammers since most buyers have no way of really proving what they got. Then since most of these places are in China or the far east, it makes it more difficult for the buyer to get their money back or if they do return their laser, it is at their cost and those costs can add up to a fair amount, so most just take the loss and forget about lasers altogether.

Jack

Well  :-/. I've tried to say, on a few occasions, that I don't blame this warnlaser user, but the seller who is, in turn, ripping them off. Basically, hoping warnlaser would take the hint and correct the problem. Well, it seems obvious to me they'd much rather make petty attempts to defend themselves so they can keep up their fraud and scamming.

I have to question warnlaser themselves too though. They claim to test the lasers I think? They DID put a fake ILDA cert on their site claiming they were certified. They removed it at least, but they're still trying to shove the same Spymode crap on us. Why would an honest reseller claim to be an OEM, and then fake an ILDA membership? Answer that warnlaser. Your last 'I'm sorry, we made a mistake' just won't cut it.

Honestly, I thought this forum had too damn much self-respect to put up with this. I'm being told off for attacking a painstakingly obvious case of fraud? I know I should be more polite... but regardless of how hard warnlaser wants to appear to be trying, there's still the plain and simple fact they're trying to rip us all off. They know well enough what they're doing. They didn't come here to ask us to evaluate their products or ask for suggestions, they came here to push off crap on us with the oldest scam in the laser book. If you feel I'm out of line, feel free to ban me or delete my posts, but I don't think I'll be changing my opinion here.

Gazoo

I am with pseudo all the way. A good business man does not lie and knows what he is selling. And a good business man knows what his competition is selling and at what price levels. Like I said before Daedal, based on your review, I would order the DX 30 in a heartbeat over the warnlaser you tested. Not only because the price is better, but from all the reviews I have seen of the DX it is a better laser. More important than anything else is honesty, and warnlaser has failed that test.

pseudonomen137 said:
Well :-/. I've tried to say, on a few occasions, that I don't blame this warnlaser user, but the seller who is, in turn, ripping them off. Basically, hoping warnlaser would take the hint and correct the problem. Well, it seems obvious to me they'd much rather make petty attempts to defend themselves so they can keep up their fraud and scamming.

I have to question warnlaser themselves too though. They claim to test the lasers I think? They DID put a fake ILDA cert on their site claiming they were certified. They removed it at least, but they're still trying to shove the same Spymode crap on us. Why would an honest reseller claim to be an OEM, and then fake an ILDA membership? Answer that warnlaser. Your last 'I'm sorry, we made a mistake' just won't cut it.

Honestly, I thought this forum had too damn much self-respect to put up with this. I'm being told off for attacking a painstakingly obvious case of fraud? I know I should be more polite... but regardless of how hard warnlaser wants to appear to be trying, there's still the plain and simple fact they're trying to rip us all off. They know well enough what they're doing. They didn't come here to ask us to evaluate their products or ask for suggestions, they came here to push off crap on us with the oldest scam in the laser book. If you feel I'm out of line, feel free to ban me or delete my posts, but I don't think I'll be changing my opinion here.

I'm with you all the way on this and I'm pretty sure most of the forums members are as well, you always tell it like it is; maybe I try to candy coat things too much.

Jack

I think what it all boils down to is would any of you buy one of these Lasers ?? And would you be happy knowing that others have purchased them ?? I know I wouldn't recomend them to anyone !! So my message to anyone thinking about purchasing one is DON'T DO IT !!!

Laq

I fully agree with Pseudo on this company. many points indicate that i would never risk buying from them atm.

-Fishy website*:
*24hr phone support, but no phone number to be found...
*a FORUN option, which is nothing more than a contact or review form.

-dishonesty in first communications
*see previous facts/lies stated by pseudo and others

-no high power lasers to be reviewed on quality and output

-just a low power fleabay laser sent for review, IR machinegun, at a high price.

-very bad english in support/anwsers.

===========
all of the above are signals for me not to do any bussines with them. i can change my mind, but there has to be changed alot in professional communication, website, and non-fleabay look&feel.

They just started of this company the wrong way in my opinion. no self-education on market and lasers. just a quick jump-start into the world of short-term moneymaking with lasers and output slogans.. the ebay way..

i don't like to debate who right,who wrong.
Everyone have problem a little or many from born.If one make a mistake,we will say "you are criminal",is it right?
I think how to solve the problem ,that is important.So,first ,i thanks forums' friends,DDL, Pseudo, to attention the topic.
As a individual,repeat again,i don't hope anybody is cheated.Certainly ,includes me.
I don't know poster delegate which company,which organization ,please tell me whick laser company are trusted? wickedlasers? techlasers? dragonlasers?laserglow?
Each things have problem,how to face the problem then solved.

Yeah,my english is bad,i am a chinese business man,and i don't know IR filter what is it?this is a offender?
But i know i use my heart how to deal with any things,includes my friends,my boss,my parent,my wife.
To this days,i have never gotten any support/anwsers with gmail.Right,In fact ,i have high power laser pointer,but it's dangerous,if consumers need,he will email to me.while his identity is confirmed,i can buy and send it to him.That's why SWOT Series no publish on website,i must have responsibilities as my products.

That's over.You can believe any companys,whatever,i don't care.

Sorry DDL,i have carried trouble with you. :-[

Comidt

Shame, guys, I think you are being a bit harsh to him.
He doesn't really know what's going on, but he is trying to learn.
He's doing a good thing by having sent Daedal the laser, but really, I think you guys should be n icer to him, you know that you aren't normally this nasty to other people. Normally you are the friendliest bunch of people under the sun.
I understand that you are skeptical over their product, but really, you should read what you posting. :mad:
At least he's trying to learn.
Jonno

Laq

Jonno, i know what you mean, and partly agree with you as well.

however, this is the feeling the whole package warnlaser is offering, giving me. I know that my opinion can be easily changed by fixing the points i mentioned. however, all facts for now, summed up are leaving me with no other conclusion than not being one of their customer soon.

Despite the fact i feel for the guy, because he really trying to learn indeed from all comments made.

However, don't you think it would make a better impression as the spokesperson of a lasercompany, to at least know what you are selling?? before starting a company, at least learn about imporant things like what IR means e.g. This way, he creates a very unproffesional business impression. although i kind of pity the guy for all the negative comments he has to deal with.. it mainly is due to himself getting in this bussiness unprepared, as far as i can see.

my 2 cents anyway. :-/

S

SenKat

This is a message to ALL the forum members. Warnlasers IS trying to learn. He does not make the lasers - he is simply a reseller. Warnlasers is sending a 200mw laser to be tested and reviewd - which will be promptly returned to them as soon as the testing is concluded. NOBODY can base IR emissions on estimates, or photos - if you do, then I feel badly for you. The only TRUE way to test for IR is to add in a known good IR filter to the beam path, and measure the power differences. The proof is in the pudding, so to speak - once their 200mw laser is receieved, it will be fully tested with a laser power meter - output tested for IR content, beam specs analyzed, and over all quality of the laser - via OPINION will be stated. I have seen more than enough bashing of new companies the past few weeks, and I am persoanlly sickened by it. This guy comes here, and WANTS TO LEARN and everyone is shutting him out.

Warnlasers - pay ABSOLUTLEY NO ATTENTION to the bad mouthing going on - you want to learn, and I will help you to understand the product you are selling - I will help you to figure out if improvements need to be made, and any product replacements that can be done in order to assist you, and your company in being a competitor.

Now - do you see where I am going with all of this, folks ? I certainly hope so. This forum is FAMOUS for it's impartiality - and those of you that are simply jumping on a bandwagon, saying this laser is crap, etc should be ASHAMED of yourselves, period. WAIT until the lasers have been tested - all that has been posted so far is impressions, and estimations. Proof will come, one way or the other once the high powered laser is tested properly.

Persoanlly, I thank Warnlasers for sticking it out, and waiting to see what happens - thos of you who wish to pass on by this genuinely interested businessman - go ahead and pass on by....don't post bad mouthing, and slander about something that has NOT been proven. I guess that is my weekly rant.

Greg !

Comidt

yeah, well done for survivng the torment that you have had to endure, WarnLasers!
I see Laq, but he came here, as he said in his other thread, to learn.

T

timelord

Well said Greg I'm getting pissed off with all the bashing because 1 individual on this forum says a company is crap. Because this individual is knowledgable and is known on many forums for his info. I think people follow him like the man in pink a little too much :D I know this member has no experience with these lasers in question and is judging as he's never tested or owned one yet.
I've been asking people to give warnlasers a break throughout this thread but the bashing has continued because of mere speculation :mad: The man from warnlasers seems to have more integrity and courage to face this crap he's experienced here and I raise my hat to him too.
I'm sure now he's been made aware of the IR filters I'm sure he'll be doing his best to rectify this issue RANT OFF

As a man need modest
these picture is my factory.
fact1.jpg

fact2.jpg

Rhith

WarnLaser I give the power to you. Yet, as I am only a student before I go risking my money buying another high powered laser I would indeed want to make sure that I am getting what I pay for. I HIGHLY recommend you find someone on here that has a nice laser check, such as Pseudo. And if that is indeed your factory there are many knowledgeable people on this forum that will help you improve your product. Even selling less lasers but checking every one that you ship out would give you better return over time. Companies such as NovaLasers are doing so well because they take the time to check all of their lasers and make sure they are working well. So it is my advice to you to ignore most of this bashing, take a look for improvements and give this an honest try. Once you get going and have some nice backing to your company, I may even be here to buy something form you.