Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Wanting to build my first laser

Greetings. I've always wanted a burning laser, and ran across a Kipkay video on Youtube several months ago. I was just about to buy from him, and did a search on Google to find out what the difference was in NM and MW from one laser to another, and found this website. I'm glad I did, you guys have more information than I would have imagined, and after reading a few posts, I found that I would have been wasting my money on the Kipkay laser. I've been lurking and learning, and now I'm ready to try to do it right, but I'm very new to lasers, and I was wondering which laser would be the easiest for a first try. Any suggestions?

Start with a red burner, get an LD from Stontek (ad at top of page, buy the parts and make a DDL driver (first 2 pages of the thread is all you need to look at). To choose a host hit the tutorials and see what takes your fancy. You will need a module which you can get from the same place as the LD.

The red LD's are more forgiving and are less likely to die through soldering or handling damage.

Regards rog8811

Get a module from DealExtreme and place it in a host, and learn how to work carefully. Be sure you've got all the tools. This is a good test of your skills.