Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Wanted: Someone with lathe skills to make custom heatsinks.

mfo

Hello everyone. Basically, I'm looking for someone with exceptional lathe skills to make custom heatsinks for me. My current lathe man is throwing in the towel and although it sucks, I can't say I blame him. Me, I'm the type of guy that likes my diodes pressed right into the heatsink for optimal heat dissipation, not the traditional diode to aixiz module to heatsink method. I would also need you to press the diode into the heatsink for me. (Of course, you'll be compensated for all of this)

If you think you've got the skills for this job, please let me know. Thanks! :)

Jayrob, MisterWilling or a couple of other people might be able to give you a hand, have you asked them yet?

Reactions: mfo
I have this one I will sell you for 25.00 shipped. I will also press to diode in for free. it is about 2.25" long and 1" dia

1748-101-1044.jpg

1747-101-1045.jpg

mfo

I have this one I will sell you for 25.00 shipped. I will also press to diode in for free. it is about 2.25" long and 1" dia

1748-101-1044.jpg

1747-101-1045.jpg

Hey Ehgemus. I checked out your profile album. I must say you really have some super nice work. The module you pictured about looks nice, however I need one that is compatible with a host. I was eyeballing this one.

2123-101-1078.jpg

Would you be able to replicate that for me? What kind of batteries does it use? Clicky switch?

ok I was thanking you just wanted a heatsink. The host you was looking at can be made anyway you like send me a pm and we can talk.

Kevlar

I personally don't have any lathe skills but a good friend of mine has his PhD in mechanical engineering and his own shop. His shop is all computerized high-tech CNC. I brought him a heat sink I bought and asked him if I could make a couple for myself and he said "a couple? I could give you 50 of these in a hour" LOL. Anyway, if you send me the dimensions, pics, schematics, etc... I can probably get it done for ya, mail it out, and see what you think. Let me know.

Kevin