Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Wanted: Coherent or ALS "Original" 5mW laser pointer.

As I explained in the forums a while back, in 1991 or so I ended up getting one of these original, metal-cased, pen-shaped, black with 'press on clip to activate' laser pointers from Edmund in New Jersey.

A few years back, I had it stolen, and I really want to replace it, as it's one of the things (besides the JDSU 1508 which I still have) which got me started in lasers.

These lasers were made by Coherent or Applied Laser Systems (a division of Coherent.) They ran on two "N" cells, had a fatter top which screwed on to the thinner barrel. The fatter top contained the diode and had a brass clip which was pressed to activate it. They had a sort of crackled black matte finish, and were made of brass under that. They came in a box with maroon 'fake suede'.

I know some folks on the forum did mention they still had some of these 5mW (but built like a tank) lasers.

If anyone who does have one would be willing to sell one, -please- do let me know.