Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Wanted - 100+mw green pointer

I'm looking for a 100+mw green pointer.  

I have a Radio Shack gift card with $52 and some change on it, and I can add some PayPal.  I can send the RS card number via E-Mail and also send the card (But you can use it to buy online with just the numbers).

I have been dealing on Ebay for many years, and have alot of feedback.  (All 100%)

It will be hard to find someone to take a deal like this with only 1 post. Maybe post your ebay name and such.

I guess I SHOULD introduce myself, huh?  ;D

I did a big write up on the Candle Power forums on the Radio Shack green lasers.  I wanted to see what they were capable of, and there was no concrete data at the time.  After killing four of them to get one that would push enough to burn a little for 5 seconds before it would TEM01, I gave up.  The diodes are the weak part.  Anyhow, this is when I got bit by the laser bug.  After killing four greenies, numerous LD's, and spending too darn much from being ill informed, I began to really get hooked.

monel_funkawitz is my Ebay name.  I'd post a link to my Ebay page, but the forum won't let me post links.  I wear size 11 shoes, have a wife named Shelly, a son named Josh, a daughter named Amberlyn, and my PA driver's licence number is 24 492 487.  What else do ya wanna know?  :)

If I can't find someone here that wants to get rid of their greenie to upgrade, I may go red, but I'd rather have a green.  532nm is more fun to play with.  Red burners are quite unimpressive.

I can do the RS gift card and Paypal, so payment is instant, but I'd have to deal with someone that is trusted by the forums. After spending a couple hundred dollars I really didn't have to spend on lasers, I want something to burn stuff with already.

I personally think I like the red better for burning, the green is too painful on the eyes, and my DX 200mw green doesn't focus like my red. Green is BY FAR more impressive as for beam visibility and brightness.

Razako

goldfingerfif said:
I personally think I like the red better for burning, the green is too painful on the eyes, and my DX 200mw green doesn't focus like my red. Green is BY FAR more impressive as for beam visibility and brightness.
That is what goggles are for.

That too.  I had a 150mw red from a burner (I eventually killed it when my power supply was accidently set at 30 volts, instead of 3), and people were always more wowed by that dumb RS 5mw green.

The last RS pointer I did held up for 5 sec or so before TEM01, but apparently feeding the driver 3 volts from a PS was enough to kill it.  The few tenths of a volt difference from batteries to the PS was its death kneel.

(And it has probably been said many times before here, but goggles are a NECESSITY on high powered lasers.  I almost caught a stray beam in the eye when it (3w CO2 laser) melted plastic and reflected off the liquified goo.)

Stick to a <5mW unless you get safety glasses. The lasers you speak of require safety glasses or your eyes may be hurt.

If you want to burn things, obtain some safety eyewear before you buy a high power laser.

I am sure the things you want to burn are not your eyes.

SN

I was kinda hoping to get rid of this Radio Shack gift card in the process. I think I'm gonna have to Ebay it and go the DX route. I've heard alot of bad things about the 200mw though.

DealExtreme is the way to go frankly. :)
My dx 200 gives ~115mw stable... then heats up from its bigass pump diode and mode hops to TEM02. I plan to try TECing it.
I'd go the 100mw dx not the 200. You pay less for only slightly less power... but more stability.

I might be putting an Alpha-105 up for sale soon. Measures on my meter: 130mW peak and 120mW avg
But I don't want a RS gift card for payment. (logo)Paypal Preferred(logo) Actually I really dislike Paypal but there are no better options. PM for more details.