Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Want to try blue (445/450nm), wondering how cheap I can get in.

MapsAndLegends

Yeah, I am sure that if I took the money I've spent gambling on cheap ebay lasers and just bought a decent one from a forum member or reputable dealer, I'd probably be happier. But the cheap ones tempt me as impulse purchases!!!

Encap

Yeah, I am sure that if I took the money I've spent gambling on cheap eBay lasers and just bought a decent one from a forum member or reputable dealer, I'd probably be happier. But the cheap ones tempt me as impulse purchases!!!

Maybe consider next time a really good but relatively affordable and higher putput blue, like a JetLasers blue 445nm 1.6W or a PL-E mini 1.6W or maybe a 465nm sky blue 1.4W. They run about $149 these days.
see: https://www.jetlasers.org/index.php?id_category=29&controller=category

Perhaps from one of the LPF builders --- a few at approx $60 for a 1W to 1.4W are avail. here https://laserpointerforums.com/threads/fs-1-4w-green-525nm-blue-450nm-and-some-my-builds.105154/

Hey there! I don't normally say this when I see it.. but since the title of your post indicates your familiarity and understanding of wavelength.. why didn't you post this in the 445nm subforum, even the blue/other color sub would have been more appropriate. This is a serious question, I hope I didn't come off as an ass or anything.

MapsAndLegends

Hey there! I don't normally say this when I see it.. but since the title of your post indicates your familiarity and understanding of wavelength.. why didn't you post this in the 445nm subforum, even the blue/other color sub would have been more appropriate. This is a serious question, I hope I didn't come off as an ass or anything.

I honestly didn't know that 445/450 wasn't a "Blu-Ray" is all :)