Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Want to buy now a green laser(strongest)

meco33

Hey all,

Now I want to buy a green one. I am searching for a laserpointer with a high output. It could not be high enough:evil:

Who sells those green strong laserpointers in this forum??

I saw a 500 mw by lazerer, but I want stronger.

meco33

Thank you for the link, but I know this laser and the link do not work.:)

I saw the Wicked Lasers Krypton 1500mw 532nm. Thats a good laser, but too expensive.

Is here noboby, who builds strong green laserpointers????? Really??

Everbody build 2-3 watt 445nm blue laserpointers, but not one guy, who builds 500-1500mw green laserpointer.:undecided:

Some top sellers of this forum should have the money for some builds, please I want buy one or some:)

Last edited:
Theres more to green lasers than just overdriving diodes. For one to build a handheld dpss in the outputs youre looking at it would be well over 1000$ probably closer t0 2G. Companies like JL can source parts cheaper. I recommend the PL-E 800 as well. Max outputs are usually over 1W. If you need CW over 1W I would recommend a lab style unit. To much heat to dissipate in a portable.

Encap

Last edited:

meco33

For $5389? I would not buy this no way

I have seen a video abut krypton 1500 mw, the video have to be deleated.

On Wicked Lasers | Blue, Red, Green Laser Pointers there you can not buy 1watt Krypton anymore just 500 mw. But I would not buy one of these, because it is just 1000mw and too expensive for that.

What I do not understand is, why the forum members can not build a green laserpointer with 1 watt, that would not be cost over a price of a krypton 1 watt or Pl e 800mw.

It should be possible to build a green 1000 mw for 600-700 dollars. Or not?

Last edited:
You do not understand the DPSS process. Do some research. The cost of optics, filters ,and crystals plus the tec and circuitry to regulate pump diode temp along with crystal temp all crammed into a "laserpointer" is difficult to do. You csn buy a green module frome lazever. I believe they are 800mW. Anythibg in the power you want is lab style unit.

Try researching into how a green laser is made... that will give you some info on why it's so difficult to get high outputs on green lasers for low prices

Encap

Have a look at : Diode-pumped solid-state laser - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Speedy and Hwang21 are 100% correct. There are real and valid reasons no manufacturer producing large numbers of units offers a bare 532nm module with an output greater than 800mw to possibly build into a handheld laser.

Making a DPSS laser is a complicated , expensive, & delicate/tricky process without room for error to get a stable and excellent result. It is not well suited to hobby people making one--way too expensive for that. Is not simply buy a diode and put it in a host with a power source as a 445nm is. Is not practical cost and time wise to make one. Would be many times the cost to buy a green module and put it in a host.

Just an 800mw 532nm module alone from lasever last time I looked was $570 and that would need to be put into a host and provided with a power source etc to make it into a handheld laser.

You don't mention what you want to do with it or how longer you want to be able to leave it on or what your budget is.

Keep in mind 2X brighter requires 4X the output power. So a 1000mw 532 is about twice as bright as 250mw. The cheaper you go the shorter the duty cycle "on" time due to heat.

JetLasers PL-E Pro are highest quality, highest output power with longest "on" time at a very reasonable price considering what it would cost you to do something like it yourself.

The 500mw from laserer you mention is a toy you can only be run for 1 or 2 minutes at a time without damaging it and not IR filtered etc.

A PL-E Pro 500mw is a professional quality unit that you can run "on" for a very long time and is IR filtered for example---well worth the few dollars more.

If you want 1W or above you need to go with a lab type fixed place of operation unit.

Your best bet at a rational price is as Speedy says, " I recommend the PL-E 800 as well. Max outputs are usually over 1W. If you need CW over 1W I would recommend a lab style unit. To much heat to dissipate in a portable. " His peaks at 1139mw! Nice!

Last edited:

meco33

Thanks Encap for your answer.

I got some informations in wikipedia. I can imagine that this difficult to build and have to spend a lot of time to build. And to build them in quantities, its a lot of work. That would not be profitably.
I was still looking at the Pl e 800mw. I was not really sure, if it is the best money can buy for green one.
Thanks again to Encap, I will buy the Pl e.

I really like this forum. Since the age of 8, I was really interested in laserpointers. There are so many laserpointers, I had no idea which one I should get and there are so many bad people, where you get scammed in laserpointers. I'm very glad to have found this forum. Now I am still reading your reviews:thanks:

About 2 months ago I found this forum and I have to say that I was really surprised as I found it, because of the 2-3 watt laserpointers(3.5 rick trents kit) Everybody in Germany talk about 1 watt laserpointers like wicked lasers arctic and how powerful this thing is.

Now I am laughing about it after i have found rick trents 3.5 watt. and it costs really cheap for that power.

Rick trent is a really good guy I must say this, he answered me every little stupid question. Thanks to him.

Thanks to all