Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Waiting! Bah.

Freyth

Ordered an RPL300 a week ago, now waiting for the 15th of April (personal reasons ;)) for it to be shipped here. Ahh, didn't think waiting for my laser would be this painful. This is pure torture.

An RPL 300?? AWESOME!!!! These things have great specs but I've never seen one in action. Please post some pics and movies when you get it. We're all waiting with you for this one... :) Just be really careful with it - the peak is around 380 mW. That is incredible.

This will be in the same power league as Windstrings Herc.

DId you order any other goodies with it??

Freyth

Yeah, I will definitely post some pics and some videos perhaps! Heh.

Goodies? Nah, not yet. I'll order some goggles 2 days before the shipping date, that way I won't have to wait again to use it. ::) Couldn't order any optics kit, a thousand USD thats 2000+ in my currency! Hah, I'm gonna have to stay off food for a while ;D

Oh, and I'll be wanting to calculate the divergence, anybody knows how to do that exactly?

Freyth

Hmm, lol I still haven't decided whether I want an adjustable or non-adjustable RPL. I've told Jack to hold on to an adjustable, but I'm thinking of changing to a non-adjustable one it if its possible.

Is the adjustable RPL a pain in the ass to use? (For those who owned or have owned one)

I wonder... if it's possible to not turn down the power level to 0 for it to totally switch off. Any ideas for mods? lol

I think an adjustable one would be great - especially if you had power ratings for all points on the dial.  Basically you could want a 20mW pointer so you turn it to poistion 2 on the dial, and later move up to position 5 for 200mW (for example).

They're both great units and optotronics has a great reputation  - you'll be elated either way.  Hard to go wrong here. ;)

I haven't owned one though, so my opinion is of limited value.

Freyth

Just got word from Jack and he told me he received my payment - finally! phew! For a moment there I thought my payment was lost in the mail!

The RPL should reach my doorstep anytime soon - after my payment is cleared that is.

Btw, just wanted to ask which OD rating would allow a tiny dot of green to be seen yet still doesn't pose any considerable damage to my eyes?

S

SenKat

OD 2-3 like from the wicked Lasers Spot Elits Goggles...I am fairly certain that Novalasers sells the exact same product...the dot from my former Aries 175(200mw constant) was very viewable with those goggles....