Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Voltage too high?

Hi all, I've got a aurora c6 host here and will build someday a 532nm out of it.
But there is a problem. The batteries I want to use are between 4 and 3,7V.
The most green modules use 3,2V. Is it dangerous to have 0,5 - 0,8 V to much? I could build a really small lm317 inside it if it will be necessary.

Hi all, I've got a aurora c6 host here and will build someday a 532nm out of it.
But there is a problem. The batteries I want to use are between 4 and 3,7V.
The most green modules use 3,2V. Is it dangerous to have 0,5 - 0,8 V to much? I could build a really small lm317 inside it if it will be necessary.

There are plenty of green modules that can handle a single Li-ion. That's how a lot of handheld greens we get run. Just look at Lazerer... I think most, if not all, run off of a single Li-ion.

Just make sure to check with the seller as to what voltage is safe. I know all my New Wish pens perform far better on a 10440 and a spacer.

I hope you don't mind me asking but are you suggesting that the green modules designed to be run off of two 1.5V AAA batteries at just over 3.0V can handle a single Li-Ion at 3.7V which can be as high as 4.2V fully charged? With the DX /Lazerer 532nm modules, are most of the drivers able to handle that high of a Voltage?

I have my 300mW 532nm grenade style laser that came with a single 3.0V 16340 and am still wondering if it can handle 3.7V or up to 4.2V fully charged...

Last edited:

AnthoT

If you feel really unsafe about it then just use a diode that drops 0.7V- 1.2V and attach it to the driver in between the batteries. That should drop it down to 3V :beer: