Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Video of ≈100mW IR filtered 532nm lasing through $8 goggles from Focalprice.com

Kakcoo

I posted this in the $8 goggles thread, but I thought everyone should know, because I think they work, and people who skip protection because of the high price may have a somewhat valid alternative. They do not protect against IR, so people should be carefull if their greenie is not IR filtered.

Feel free to disagree. I'm no expert. I'm just saying. :)

$8 goggles? You decide…

Edit: You may also feel free to request videos of whatever interaction (and whatever angle) between the greenie and the goggles you want.

Last edited:

Re: Video of ≈100mW IR filtered 532nm lasing through $8 goggles from Focalprice.com

We need a quantitative measurement of attenuation. Do you have a power meter?

Kakcoo

Re: Video of ≈100mW IR filtered 532nm lasing through $8 goggles from Focalprice.com

No I don't. Would holding the laser still, pointing it right at the camera through the goggles for a fair amount of time be a good enough indicator for this kind of measurement? :p

jeffd

For some reason the thread title makes it sound like the goggles fail and the laser goes through them, then i saw the video and noticed its not like that

Doofus

No I don't. Would holding the laser still, pointing it right at the camera through the goggles for a fair amount of time be a good enough indicator for this kind of measurement? :p

Only if you have really high faith in the goggles, else you have a new camera paperweight. :p

Video does make me wonder about it though, nice cheap goggles that work = win.

HIMNL9

I'm still waiting the ones i ordered looooooong time ago, for make some tests (damn custom offices :p)

Hope you get them soon, and use your power meter to rate the effectiveness of those goggles.

So can it be concluded now that These are better than no protection at all? And for 8 dollars everyone should now have a pair of safety glasses for green?

Personally I am literally buying goggles from oem tomorrow, I'd rather have the peace of mind. However I'm sure it would be much more appealing for the cheapskates to pick up a pair for 8 dollars than not at all.

However I'm sure many people don't know the dangers of burning without goggles

HIMNL9

Hope you get them soon, and use your power meter to rate the effectiveness of those goggles.

Yes, that was the intention ..... but with shipment times for Italy, i have to wait from 20 to 30 days each time i order something outside, especially from east countries ..... damn custom :(