Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Very first red laser build... IM A NOOB!

Sorry to sound so gloomy, but I think the one where you don't see anything is most likely the red LD, and the one with a dim red glow is trying to blind you with all that NIR. :(

Did you remove the two diodes from the heatsinks they were mounted to?
Can you post some pics?
I hope the diode is ok. But as is plastered all over the forum, connecting anything not current limited will oft kill the diode.

yeah... it was definately a dumb move... i guess im getting a GB diode now. Im done harvesting.... I did confirm the IR was the one that was coming on. I pointed it at my eye and my eye started to bleed.

just kidding on that last bit.... but i used my Computer Camera and saw a nice bright light, but nothing I could see in person.

oh well, its probably for the better. i REALLY need to get the circuitry tighter. Anyone want to sell just the cap, N1004, and resistors to me all assembled? :)

The cap really ought to go directly on the laser diode.
Ideally the resistance should be determined for a specific diode.
If you're using the mini Dorcy, there's not all that much to it, since it has a regulator built in.
You just can't hook directly to the batteries like that.

I HAVE LASER!

well, not visible. I used the IR diode instead. Got it to burn into a micro SD-SD converter. I focused it under my table out of sight with my webcam. i reworked the schematics some to make it really compact. came out well. I have some tweaking to do with the fitting issue, but i can solve that with some time and maybe smaller components. Now all i need is a GB diode.