Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

UV Laser Safety Goggles Question

Changing the calculations to 210mW would still result in the same rating of eyewear being required. (ie DL5 @ 405nm)

Even if a laser is only used at output power X, if its able to produce X + Y you should assume this worst case scenario to ensure your eyes are safe.

Just because the calculations come out to being that you require DL5, this doesn't stop you from using eyewear with higher ratings. The higher the rating the safer you will be.

Hi Andrew

Would you PM me the total price for the XC frame style of this eyewear has EN207 ratings part number 31-80121 with shipping?

Could you buy for me and I will pay you via paypal?

Thanks!

I really appreciate the information Andrew. If possible could you give the safety requirements for a 500mw 532 nm laser with a 1.5mm beam diameter and a divergence of 0.8 mRad? Thank you very much if you get around to it. Also, is there a program online that will give you this output, or are you doing it by hand?

I usually do both a manual check following the standards and by using some laser safety software from Lasermet. Link:Laser Safety Solutions - LaserSafe PC Laser Safety Software

There is a very basic online calculator at: Link:Offenhaeuser+Berger GmbH laser safety eyewear, laser adjustment eyewear, goggles, viewing window, cabin safety window, laser exit window

But this online calculator only accepts integers, so isn't always useful.

Univet also have a calculator you can download called ProLevel 1.2 - its is usually pretty good, but there has been some instances when my manual calculation and those from the software from Lasermet give different values to ProLevel. I haven't had any cases so far where the LaserSafe PC Professional software from Lasermet makes mistakes, so I stick with it and manual checks.

For your laser parameters you would want eyewear rated at DL5 @ 532nm

Input Parameters:

Laser Beam Wavelength .......... 532 nm
Exposure to Beam Time Frame .... 10 s
Laser Output Power ............. 0.5 W
Axis 1 Laser Beam Diameter ..... 1.5 mm
Axis 2 Laser Beam Diameter ..... 1.5 mm
Axis 1 Beam Divergence ......... 0.8 mr
Axis 2 Beam Divergence ......... 0.8 mr
Laser to Target Distance ....... 0.1 m

Calculation Results:

Limiting M.P.E. ........ 10 W/m²