Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

UV handheld lasers

Cressa

So I've been looking around for a good UV or near-UV laser, and was wondering what experiences people have, and if anyone here would know what's best on a budget of under $50? Any wavelength that's between 420nm and 20nm is fine. Particularly trying to find something 100+mw, and not fragile, no plastic unless fairly remarkable.

Sowee7

just get a 405nm diode, very easy, they cost like $5 for 50mw and you can get them for free if you find a blu ray optical disc writer

Cressa

just get a 405nm diode, very easy, they cost like $5 for 50mw and you can get them for free if you find a blu ray optical disc writer
I could, but I don't trust myself to build something that isn't a fragile abomimation without some kind of kit, lol.

Wow, try searching, it works well.

First item on eBay, took 5 sec - blue laser - popped up all kinds of 405 lasers

Cressa

Wow, try searching, it works well.

First item on eBay, took 5 sec - blue laser - popped up all kinds of 405 lasers
I was just looking for recommendations from enthusiasts and collectors, some eBay lasers have reputations regarding durability, power, and safety. :p

Cressa

Thanks for all the recommendations, any opinions on Sanwu's 100mw violet 304 laser?

Sanwu has a good rep around these parts. Podo is a member here. Podo can help you very much.