Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Using Self made Lego tools for working with diodes

That first one is a bid. It uses two AAA batteries and is not worth more than $3.00, so don't over bid.

Giannis_TDM

That first one is a bid. It uses two AAA batteries and is not worth more than $3.00, so don't over bid.
Yea I know DW I'm not buying those already got better things coming my way from dtr and trinh. The packages are literally in an race. Distances only differ by 200km and they were shipped the same day (Dec 26th). Also both costed me 14$ so lets see who is faster usps or Vietnam post.

Lagomorpha

Hello Dear lpf!, Yesterday I was running trough my staff in the basement and found a pleasant surprise! My 8kg Lego bucket that made up 70% of my childhood.
I searched for a bit and I found 2 mechanical pistons they work in a simple way you turn their input shaft and they extend with much greater force, right this moment my 10 yr old brain came back with this though" I really want a vise for working with diodes but I cant afford one right now What if I made one out of Legos?" After about 3 hrs I came up with this:
It works Beautifully with no backlash and today i made some small upgrades to it biggest one being to increase the working area to 42mm enough to press in diodes!

Then after that I made myself some helping hands for holding diodes!

After all that I realized with my diy tools I can press diodes hold the axiz module with the vise and the driver with the helping hand for soldering!

Finally some more structural upgrades to eliminate the bending of the back wall:
Should I add that this is actually better for diodes because hard plastic inst at all conductive.
THAT IS SO DANG DOPE!!! Thanks a ton for sharing!