Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Using a LPM to test laser engraving enclosure

I want to make a 2.5w 445nm blue laser engraving enclosure, in addition to wearing googles.

The laser enclosures are expensive and small.

What If I buy 4mm thick orange acrylic, and test it with a LPM?

I can test the reflection, as well as a direct shot through the acrylic. It would be hard to test a direct shot because the laser will burn through acrylic when measuring.

Any ideas?

I want to make a 2.5w 445nm blue laser engraving enclosure, in addition to wearing googles.

The laser enclosures are expensive and small.

What If I buy 4mm thick orange acrylic, and test it with a LPM?

I can test the reflection, as well as a direct shot through the acrylic. It would be hard to test a direct shot because the laser will burn through acrylic when measuring.

Any ideas?
Not quite sure what you want to do with
the Orange Acrylic...:thinking:
What is it you want to test...:thinking:
Is it the Orange Acrylic or the Laser's Power... :undecided:

Jerry

I want to make a box around the laser engraving and use orange acrylic as a looking window.

I want to test if the orange acrylic will safely block the laser beam.

It will likely block some amount of the beam, but not all as it isn't made to do that. It would be easier to place your LPM's sensor in line with the beam and using some of the acrylic see how much it goes down before it burns the acrylic. Why not just use real laser goggles to wear when using your engraver?

i want both. googles and enclosure.

Ok ill try shining it directly through to get a reading.