Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Use goggles/glasses

palmer

i just giving a fare warning to all who think they dont need glasses.
i thought that i didnt need them when i got my first high powered laser. now just from looking at the dot i have to have glasses and i see things that arent there. i dis regarded a couple of members and now i am paying for it with my eyesight.
just throwing that out there.

Doesn't matter. Anything over 20mW, and you should use goggles. Over 50mW, goggles are mandatory.

i just giving a fare warning to all who think they dont need glasses.
i thought that i didnt need them when i got my first high powered laser. now just from looking at the dot i have to have glasses and i see things that arent there. i dis regarded a couple of members and now i am paying for it with my eyesight.
just throwing that out there.

That's sad. After all the advice and pleading that was directed to you back in June about the need for appropriately rated safety goggles/glasses, I'm sorry that you came to this point. But thanks for warning other beginning laserists about the danger of using lasers without proper eye protection. :thanks:

Most people learn from their mistakes/experiences.
The wisest people learn from the mistakes/experiences of others.

Good luck and good choices in your future decisions.

Ed

Trevor

Describe what you're seeing. Have you been to a doctor? What power laser were you using? Did you take a direct hit?

-Trevor

Ah ok thanks, I already bought 4 pairs of glasses... Waiting for them to ship, i'll make sure not to stare at the dots until then. I'm assuming I won't need them much for outdoor use though right? (ex: star pointing)

palmer

it was a 225mw green. i know better now and i have been to the doctor. thy gave me what i needed. so yeah im soory for disregarding yalls advice. if only i could get rid of this cold...

For the cold, citrus Theraflu with a shot of rum and a table spoon of sugar. For your eyes no idea.

Jaxz

Even looking up on the dot on my white wall with my Core Series Wickedlasers 5mW is enough to put me at discomfort. Let alone 225mw... If it is not true green, I fear you might be staring at some IR lasers without knowing.

By right, one should try some low powered lasers, even 5mw is already very bright just that its beam is not strong enoug hto star gaze. Experience what it means to hurt at 5mw before going to higher powered ones manz