Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

US Suppliers

DavidN

Hey Guys,

I am looking for a torch 200mw laser for less than $100. I can tell who on this forum live in the states or out. I have looked at several of the suppliers and it looks as if they are outside of the US so I am concerned as to who could ship into the US in a reasonable time frame.

In short could someone give me some direction as to whom I could get a 200mw handheld laser from that would be reliable with no custom issues? Thanks in advance.

Thanks,

Dave

Kevlar

Are you looking for a specific wavelength or do you just want 200mW of any type of laser?

DavidN

looking for 420, 473, or 532nm. To bee honest just looking for a good green, blue, or purple. Not specific for a certain experiment, only for demo purposes.

Well unless you're rich, 473 is out of the question. You'd probably want 405nm violet, 445/447nm blue, or 532.
May I ask what the experiment is?

DavidN

this is really to give a demo of laser absorption. Red is always typical and seen as broing so I was going for something different. Green would be a good starter at this point. I would like to get one on order tonight so I could get by this week. Blue or purple is optional.

DavidN

i just wanted something that would burn with reasonable timing and from what I read 200mw was the path to travel.

Kevlar

this is really to give a demo of laser absorption. Red is always typical and seen as broing so I was going for something different. Green would be a good starter at this point. I would like to get one on order tonight so I could get by this week. Blue or purple is optional.

If you want to order one tonight and get it by this week you're going to need a U.S. based seller. Unfortunately, most of the companies are overseas.

The only U.S. based seller I can think of off the top of my head is Optotronics Laser Products. But... they sell Viasho lasers. They are VERY good quality but 200mW won't be in your price range.

The only other thing I can think of is an ebay member that has had good reviews: Deluxe Adjustable #200 Green Laser Pointer 3998 SafeKey - eBay (item 120694984218 end time Apr-06-11 20:21:36 PDT)

This thread here: http://laserpointerforums.com/f45/super-beast-green-58383.html is a bit long but it's all about those lasers.

DavidN

something doesnt match up, cause the description say less than 5mw.

Kevlar

Yup, thats because it's illegal to sell any laser more powerful than 5mW in the USA without certain safety features. But according to that thread I linked to, he sells green lasers that come close to the output your looking for. You'll have to read the thread to see which one though.

daguin

Have you checked out the Buy/Sell/Trade board?

Peace,
dave

Kevlar

yes but i have to pay with amex.

Most people here accept paypal, which I beleive allows you to use the AMEX card.

I've never order from focal price but from what I've read, John from focal price actually LPM's some of the lasers they sell. You could send him a PM.

Other than that I'd advise you, as Daguin suggested, to check out the B/S/T section and/or the company review section.

Hes right you should set up a PP account, it's safer and more commonly used...