Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

US residents blocked from buying the dx 200mW red?

Re: US residents blocked from buying the dx 200mW

Razako said:
Unless you live in Hawaii...

Damnit..

but yeah youre right. Ive gotten a bunch of lasers from different companies over the past two years, and have had no problems at all, but when i order a 28 dollar 30mw greenie from DX, it gets seized by customs. I got a letter saying basically "Because of all our military bases here on oahu, you are not allowed any lasers of green color or greater than 5mw".

I wanted one of these though...

hmm, well i searched around and couldn't find any deals on a red high powered laser on here. Anyone find a link to a topic that has one that i might of passed by accident?

Razako said:
[quote author=steve001 link=1215737689/0#6 date=1215742061][quote author=Razako link=1215737689/0#1 date=1215737875][quote author=bobobob121 link=1215737689/0#0 date=1215737689]i looked on the site and it says US residents cannot purchase the laser. I have not tried yet but thats what it says..

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.11315
Basically it's just a scare tactic. The laser is already illegal and now they're just specifically telling you in order to scare away buyers. Unless you live in Hawaii US customs don't even open the packages to check.
I would say buy it and see what happens. At worst you will be out $40.[/quote]

Scare tactic you think. Here's the rest of the low down some of which you've mentioned

This is nothing new.There has for many years a federal law against importation of non FDA approved lasers.
That means you the buyer are the importer. Also on the FDA site is stated a monetary penalty that can be levied exceeding the cost of purchase and importation by a large amount of $$.
It could by far cost you more that a mere 40$ if the federal court system decides to penalize.

Again this is old news folks

By it and see what happens is very bad advice[/quote]
That's only if they actually open the package and catch you. How many times have your dx packages been opened by customs? Assuming that you live in the USA of course. Out of 30 something Dx purchases I haven't had a single package opened.[/quote]

0 times, but I've never ordered from them. The chance of getting caught however small it may be does exist. It's still bad advice.

Wow,

First the proposed UK ban now this? Better start creating a stock-pile this is bull. I was unaware that such a restriction existed in the US. Hope Slovenia doesn't get something similiar, but as far as I know there is like 2 laser enthusiast here and I have never seen a laser beam of any color ( its a small country, so that statement carries some weight), maybe a small 1mw dot every so often, but i think that no one really cares or is into lasers here...YAY

But on the other side...pioneer 115, aixiz, dorcy...boom you've got something superior in power...sure it's no dilda and I realize how much you guys like your dildas ;D but its still very good.

Thanks
brtaman

daguin

brtaman said:
Wow,
First the proposed UK ban now this? Better start creating a stock-pile this is bull. I was unaware that such a restriction existed in the US. Hope Slovenia doesn't get something similiar, but as far as I know there is like 2 laser enthusiast here and I have never seen a laser beam of any color ( its a small country, so that statement carries some weight), maybe a small 1mw dot every so often, but i think that no one really cares or is into lasers here...YAY
But on the other side...pioneer 115, aixiz, dorcy...boom you've got something superior in power...sure it's no dilda and I realize how much you guys like your dildas ;D but its still very good.
Thanks
brtaman

The FDA has had this "ban" in effect long before the dilda came out. In the US, if a laser is over a certain power output, it MUST be equipped with required safety features. They must have an aperture blocker, a "lock out" type device, and a "power on" indicator. There may be others and other members can be more specific than I. However, that is why the dilda is not OK for import into the US. We can own high powered hand held lasers. They just need to conform to the FDA safety regulations.

Peace,
dave

daguin said:
[quote author=bobobob121 link=1215737689/12#17 date=1215804272]hmm, well i searched around and couldn't find any deals on a red high powered laser on here. Anyone find a link to a topic that has one that i might of passed by accident?

Start here

http://www.laserpointerforums.com/forums/YaBB.pl?board=b_bst

Peace,
dave[/quote]
haha, i know that dave.

daguin

bobobob121 said:
[quote author=daguin link=1215737689/12#22 date=1215806113][quote author=bobobob121 link=1215737689/12#17 date=1215804272]hmm, well i searched around and couldn't find any deals on a red high powered laser on here. Anyone find a link to a topic that has one that i might of passed by accident?
Start here http://www.laserpointerforums.com/forums/YaBB.pl?board=b_bst
Peace,
dave
haha, i know that dave.

I'll be more direct

http://www.laserpointerforums.com/forums/YaBB.pl?num=1215317897/0 ;)

Peace,
dave