Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Unorthadox laser build idea.

Ivehad another idea for my laser build. To build it portable and hand held but open more like a lab setup. avoiding the conventional tube body type like with torch hosts. My idea is to have it open to help with heating and open more solutions to cooling and also should provide different power solutions. Should make it easier to swap out components and upgrade parts. Think of building a pc but rather than using a case you use a test bench rig. that sort of thing.
What do you all think?

Like in an aluminum project box? Check my collection thread in my signature, see the first laser. Similar to that?

Or like something random? My first build was in a Nintendo joystick. It's been easy to swap parts

Sure, I'll post the internals soon. I'm actually considering selling it so I took some a few weeks ago. I'd like to get a ~1W 520. Or even maybe 3 watts of 445 but in a Sanwu host rather than a project box. Lemme upload'em.

Edit: here they are. Laser is for sale too.

SRObws0.jpg

wDlh8bi.jpg

Fv4SCgf.jpg

BhpuqhB.jpg

HDMlQw5.jpg

Last edited: