Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Understanding the Fusion Driver

z000z

Yep that's how I have it, I guess you didn't experience this odd only getting 1 ma out using the 100k resistor?

Kenom

ya know to be perfectly honest with ya, I experienced all kinds of problems with the damn things when I was building these.  The boards were very poorly designed and were just prone to problems.  The groove drivers that I'm selling on ebay are MUCH better.
same components, different peak current yet a different board. Not to mention a good percentage of the resistors are smaller which makes for easier soldering.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=220294728617&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=012

z000z

Yeah that's definitely a much nicer looking board. Solid state capacitor, diode to allow the capacitor to automatically discharge, pot that doesn't look like it will self destruct upon turning, resistors that actually fit between the through holes...

The only thing that would be left on that board would to have the through holes go all the way through the board (or do they, hard to tell from just the top side pic) ie pad on the bottom of the board. I'm guessing that's not an option or an expensive option on wherever you all are getting these boards made?

Kenom

No there are no connections on the opposite side of the board. 2 sided boards are a little more expensive. This one was designed by lava specifically for the groove barrels.