Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Ultrafire WF-139

Received my wf139 charger today to replace the crappy lazerer charger. I've also bought a AW IC 18650 3100mAh battery to power my first laser (50mw green lazerer classic)

In the instructions it's not very good English and it states :-

"For*each charging period of 2hrs for 900mA or 4hrs 900~1800mA is completed while the LED light turn to GREEN mode, disconnected the charger from the mains and remove the batteries.

Because my battery is 3100mAh does that mean it will take more than 4 hours to charge? Will the charger cut out after 4 hours and leave my battery only 2/3 full? Sorry for all the questions, the battery cost me nearly £20 and I don't want to wreck it.

Kind regards

Chris

If you've got a genuine WF-139 charger, I wouldn't worry too much about being precise on the charge time.

Your AW IC 18650 has a protection circuit, so it won't overcharge itself beyond 4.2V or discharge itself over 3.0V or so.

The charger states 550mA of current per channel, so it should take 5-6 hours to charge a fully depleted cell. Don't worry about the time though, as you'll know that the charging is finished when the light turns green.

It's okay to leave the battery in the charger after it's finished as well because the battery has a overcharge protection circuit.

Cheers and be safe!

Thanks for the reply. I've only charged it that one time, I'm not really sure how long the charge will last in the battery, hopefully get a good few hours out of it anyway!

Cheers

Chris