Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

UltraFire TH-T60 *PIC HEAVY*

leejon

hey guys can you help me about this?

mine only draws 1.62 A @ 4.12 V = 6.67W only. and also i measure the emitter voltage and its only 3.12 V. my battery is an ultrafire, btw guys my charger limits the charge to 4.12 V

and also does it mean that im not getting the 1200 lm?
TIA

Last edited:

Hmm, you might want to use a different charger that will charge up to 4.2V. As BShanahan14rulz said:

Voltage across the emitter could give you an estimate on what kind of current the emitter is seeing. However, a small change in voltage means a big change in how much current the diode draws. This will only give you a ballpark estimate

And most likely your not getting the 1200 Lumen output.

3zuli

hey guys can you help me about this?

mine only draws 1.62 A @ 4.12 V = 6.67W only. and also i measure the emitter voltage and its only 3.12 V. my battery is an ultrafire, btw guys my charger limits the charge to 4.12 V

and also does it mean that im not getting the 1200 lm?
TIA

while measuring the current draw, THROW AWAY your DMM's stock test leads (unless it's a $200+ meter), get 2 banana contacts and about 10cm/4inch of thick flexible 1mm^2 wire and make your own test leads. the leads you're using shouldn't have bigger resistance than 0.4ohm when shorted together

Last edited:

leejon

while measuring the current draw, THROW AWAY your DMM's stock test leads (unless it's a $200+ meter), get 2 banana contacts and about 10cm/4inch of thick flexible 1mm^2 wire and make your own test leads. the leads you're using shouldn't have bigger resistance than 0.4ohm when shorted together

I'm going to try as what you said and then give feedback on results to you asap. well yes i think im not getting 1200 lumens. maybe around 500lm only.

Hmm, you might want to use a different charger that will charge up to 4.2V. As BShanahan14rulz said:

And most likely your not getting the 1200 Lumen output.

that kind of charger is very hard to find here in philippines. im planning to make a DIY!

Last edited:
I use 12 gauge copper speaker wire for measuring current :yh:

Oh, maybe you could try DealExtreme. They are based in China. Shipping might not take as long to ship to the Philippines.